CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

And adjusted numbers at best an estimate, taking average ticket prices, while you can bet, that the average Ticket Price for HP is way higher with all the premium formats and 3D. 

Sorry about earlier. I think this one can definitely clear things up and make you feel better @Noctis

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Your guess is as good as mine, but how else do you explain WIT jumping nearly 300% from Thursday and having a better Friday than last week? I guess so that it looks.... better at just over 95-96M DOM? I dunno. It's a big ass bomb anyway, so it's not like it matters.

I'd rather Disney hadn't bullshitted and let the IW number closer to the industry estimate (because, while there is a point that the forum is bipolar about these things, even something as anecdotal as 0.5M could make a difference in a race for the OW record... and, tbh, part of me really wants IW to go over TFA), but whatever, it's their call and it's still a gigantic number, the 2nd biggest daily gross of all time after all.

Most likely, that's from double feature/ drive ins. Same happened with Cinderella.

They're not going to take money from AIW and give it to WIT or even BP. 

.... unless they're so scared of Lucas Films and Katherine Kennedy they're trying to actively not surpass  TFA.   :lol:

As of now these are estimates and will be revised with actuals.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, feasby007 said:

How though? 

I've always assumed a thread ban physically stops your account from posting in that thread?

Is this place not as sophisticated as I assumed?

No, thread bans are honors system based, thus violating them results in a real ban

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Just wait until you can compare IW's first Saturday to DH2's first Saturday.

Even adjusted that'll be a doozy

DH2 saturday is not even top 3 of HP saturday adjusted. Its actually fourth. 

And IW should do at least 40% more than DH2 on Saturday and that is with DH2’s adjusted gross! Just shows, even with how frontloaded IW is gonna be, how freaking front loaded DH2 was. 

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Most likely, that's from double feature/ drive ins. Same happened with Cinderella.

To be fair, people also accused Disney of fudging Cinderella over $200 million.

3 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

No, thread bans are honors system based, thus violating them results in a real ban

Oh okay, I had no idea! 

That's an excellent system of trust you have there :) 

Just now, feasby007 said:

Oh okay, I had no idea! 

That's an excellent system of trust you have there :) 

But then @MrPink just disrespected and stomped all over that trust :( 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

.... unless they're so scared of Lucas Films and Katherine Kennedy they're trying to actively not surpass  TFA.   :lol:

As of now these are estimates and will be revised with actuals.

Yeah, I believe the numbers are being lowballed anyway. I guess all I know for sure right now is that this is one intense weekend and we're only on Saturday :P

I probably won't be awake for the 1st badge of Saturday numbers, so I might as well call @Rthanos to grace us with thee presence already.

49 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Just needs a little less than a CW 21% hike. :D

With less school being out this week than the first w/ of May (as Deadline told us a month ago when low balling their o/w prediction)  along with many taking finals it's as possible as not.  Also could partially explain why the avg age of the early audience was 58% over 25  vs 55% for AOU and 51% for CW.  Looking at the sell outs and saturation of early morning shows today and it's not that far fetched.

The way I see it, TA1 in 2018 dollars did $78.6m of business back in 2012. This was before the explosion of theater brand PLF. IMAX itself has also expanded a good amount in the last 6 years. I figure just the expansion of PLF/IMAX over this 6 year period would be enough to push it over the top for $80m. 

• Like 1

My afternoon has consisted of watching MCU movies with Civil War and GOTG2; gonna do SMH and Ragnarok later. Civil War is still a good watch but loses focus when it has to start ramping up for the airport battle and basically goes "oh shit, we still have that other stuff to do" once it's over. GOTG2 still rules tho.

1 hour ago, Rebeccas said:

So some people ran into Tom Holland and Zendaya at a movie theater seeing IW together, Are they dating or what????

It's like the worst kept secret; TMZ got them on the street about two months ago, and Holland is just trying to act like he's not there :hahaha: 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

80M would definitely put it on the likely side. All the other 200M openers had soft Sunday drops (all 5 are sub-20%). If the number is that huge, you'd have to imagine that a lot of spillover is gonna occur.

That being said, not entirely convinced of 80M yet. Thinking it comes in a bit lower.

• Like 2