CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

16 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

People are seriously overestimating with the “over 80 million” guesses. I would love to be proven wrong but that number seems way too high when the previous Saturday record is under 70 million. 

Ignore the "actual" of the previous Saturday record. Look at the adjusted numbers. 2012 Avengers is $78.6 million after 6 years of inflation. That movie had a much lower screen count for IMAX/PLF. Theater brand PLF has exploded in the last 6 years. If the new movie matches TA1's Saturday ticket sales, I believe $80m will happen thanks to the boost from those PLF screens that didn't exist in 2012. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's obvious at this point Disney will stop at nothing for the record.

Is that sarcasm? From what others have been saying, it seems like they don't care as much as I thought they would since they may have fudged black panther/AWIT..you'd think they would care more about infinity war breaking OW than some money for syndication from AWIT..black panther on the other hand hitting 700 is a huge milestone and I can see the point in trying to help there with numbers from A:IW fri # 

...if that's even how it is working out, I claim ignorance and am a lurker from mojo forums and have followed everything basically since then, though not nearly as smart as you guys for predicts/theory lol, carry on

Loving this. Feels like JW opening weekend all over again. 

Like we’re about to get some ridiculous number. Although slightly hilarious some of us are genuinely thinking it could do $80 million when we’ve never seen $70 million before. Lol.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alaska box said:

Is that sarcasm? From what others have been saying, it seems like they don't care as much as I thought they would since they may have fudged black panther/AWIT..you'd think they would care more about infinity war breaking OW than some money for syndication from AWIT..black panther on the other hand hitting 700 is a huge milestone and I can see the point in trying to help there with numbers from A:IW fri # 

...if that's even how it is working out, I claim ignorance and am a lurker from mojo forums and have followed everything basically since then, though not nearly as smart as you guys for predicts/theory lol, carry on

The money for Panther/Wrinkle In Time is also counted for Infinity War. These are drive-in double features and each movie receives credit for 100% of the gross. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Ultron had a 2.4 multiplier, so it sounds like he is projecting $250m for this weekend. 

Gitesh didn't like the movie and predicted "shaky legs."  Reception far better than Ultron and the multiplier will show it.  

• Like 1