CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

36 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I am the last one to scream fudge, but Disney is slightly bullshitting with that Friday number.  

Oh well, that is their call.  Still a massive number and today is going to shock people.  

Ohmygadd

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I am the last one to scream fudge, but Disney is slightly bullshitting with that Friday number.  

Oh well, that is their call.  Still a massive number and today is going to shock people.  

1 minute ago, XO21 said:

Ohmygadd

And @MovieMan89's not around to enjoy it! :ohmygod:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 2

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

And @MovieMan89's not around to enjoy it! :ohmygod:

Though I DO wonder how he would react if he found out it's being used to fudge Black Panther into the Top Five and/or grease the total of A Wrinkle in Time a bit. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: 

Edited by Porthos

That “highest gross from a single franchise on a weekend where one of its members opens” record is pretty much locked now, huh? MCU with 250M over Star Wars 248?    

This is definitely a very meaningful and not at all contrived category, let me assure you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I mean I guess there's no reason not to fudge BP and AWIT. The former just gets that much closer to $700M and the later to $100M. $107M is amazing but it's not really within fudging reach of $119M.

Besides we all know Paramount are the fudge gods

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Is it seriously on course for $400M OS this weekend???

Yes.  600m opening weekend give or take a bit looks to be about right.  I said before I think this movie will do 1.7-1.8bn WW when all is said and done.  I would be surprised if its much less than that, if anything I could be lowballing it a bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Though I DO wonder how he would react if he found out it's being used to fudge Black Panther into the Top Five and grease the total of A Wrinkle in Time a bit. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: 

Is it really that lucrative passing $100m for syndication? The movie is a huge flop, indeed they didn’t even care to launch it in Europe...

Edited by XO21

5 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Is it really that lucrative passing $100m for syndication? The movie is a huge flop, indeed they didn’t even care to launch it in Europe...

I think it just looks better and they can get at least $10m for US tv rights. Might apply internationally too, I’m not too sure. 

Some of the Black Panther profits will be used to make up the Wrinkle In Time loss, which is probably about -$90m just now. Big flop for Disney. 

Edited by Krissykins

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I think it just looks better and they can get at least $10m for US tv rights. Might apply internationally too, I’m not too sure. 

Sounds like a waste of their time when we are talking about profits in the hundreds of millions for Avengers/BP

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Never forget Tangled's increase when Prince of Persia opened

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

I mean I guess there's no reason not to fudge BP and AWIT. The former just gets that much closer to $700M and the later to $100M. $107M is amazing but it's not really within fudging reach of $119M.

Sounds like a great dilemma to have. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

The contrast between this and [redacted] is really baffling when you think about it, in terms of both quality and box office..it's like night and day!

9e81bd9b4cdbdce7d0cb34ef45957849769e9783

Is it safe to type those letters in this thread? I have been staying away out of fear.

Edited by Thanos Legion