CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

When I saw it at a shitty Malco theater in Owensboro the audience was pretty engaged, Mostly quiet, I overheard 3 people complaining, one said it was a shitty movie, and some other was screaming about his comic book knowledge, Everyone else seemed to enjoy it. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Where is @Ethan Hunt?

Imagine him logging in and seeing all these new notifications, only to find out it’s all either to quote his “no hype” comment or tagging/yelling at him.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Nova said:

I didnt catch any other comments lol I think my audience was stunned or something cause they were quiet walking out too 

Lol mine too 

• Like 1

While its dom OW performance is crazy, esp if it surpasses TFA and takes the record, its performance overseas and in many countries is just mind boggling. 

If DOM followed India then the OD would have been 150m and the OW would have been 450m+ as IW is about to do in OW what AoU did in its entire run. 

In SK it will do in the OW what Thor Ragnarok did in its entire run and close to the total of BP as well as DS. 

Similar stories from many countries, especially Asia where I think Avengers has now overtaken FF. 

What an incredible weekend this is and its only Saturday! So much excitement, its weekends like these that make following BO so fun

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

rampge 7m for 77.8m. should at least manage 2x this weekend more. 77.8+14=~92m. 3x more will give it 99m or basically 100m.

94-95m looks realistic. it surprised for 1st two weekends so am expecting it to recover well.

rpo 2.5m for 130.8m. was hoping it gets to 140m but looks difficult unless it stabilizes strongly. 136-138m probably.

Edited by a2knet

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

While its dom OW performance is crazy, esp if it surpasses TFA and takes the record, its performance overseas and in many countries is just mind boggling. 

If DOM followed India then the OD would have been 150m and the OW would have been 450m+ as IW is about to do in OW what AoU did in its entire run. 

In SK it will do in the OW what Thor Ragnarok did in its entire run and close to the total of BP as well as DS. 

Similar stories from many countries, especially Asia where I think Avengers has now overtaken FF. 

What an incredible weekend this is and its only Saturday! So much excitement, its weekends like these that make following BO so fun

Thos wonderful highest-grossing OD of all-time in Brazil :wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am the last one to scream fudge, but Disney is slightly bullshitting with that Friday number.  

Oh well, that is their call.  Still a massive number and today is going to shock people.  

Edited by EmpireCity
  • Like 17
  • Astonished 14
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I am the last one to scream fudge, but Disney is slightly bullshitting with that Friday number.  

Oh well, that is their call.  Still a massive number and today is going to shock people.  

Like a $75m+ shock?

3 hours ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Anywhere from $490M-$622M.

Going full Deadline today.

Bit of a conservative range there. And that high end seems like it might have some kind of special significance somehow...

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

what one earth is this meant to mean lol