CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

5 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Even as an expected reaction it felt disconcerting. Even on the meh entries we at least had positive so and so should see this, etc. Its a very different ending from say TDK. I wouldnt change it, but I cant see it being good for legs. 

Yeah, I don't think anyone should expect good legs for a movie like this; but trust me: I think that the subdued reaction really comes from the third act, which I imagine may rub casuals the wrong way. There were audible gasps of WTF-like shock and in some cases sobbing when the credits started rolling in my screening, though wom was universally positive.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, B J said:

A fellow Alaskan, YAY!

Maybe here in Anchorage, but unlikely.

Would have loved to watch this in at century 16 in anchorage or dimond mall! Our Kenai theater left much to be desired and I was spoiled watching black panther in anchorage. Cheers!

11 minutes ago, HeyItsMoses said:

wait, only once? i can't watch the same movie multiple times, but on different days? when did this change happen?!

They changed it yesterday. You can't watch a movie you already watched on moviepass again. They didnt email about it, but they updated it on their terms of service. You have to update the app in order to see movies you have already seen blocked out. Also, they said if you use the service without updating the app your account will be closed.

• Sad 1

#AvengersInfinityWar is trending on US Twitter. Yes I know the movie is making bank, but that's a surprise. Movies typically trend after previews start letting out, not the opening Saturday afternoon. It's either a slow news days, or people reallyyyy want to share how they feel.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
3 hours ago, fmpro said:

Is it possible for some of the MODS to ban 20-30 more who is active in this thread so i dont have to catch up on 100 pages when i wake up tomorrow?

@baumer , @CJohn, @Water Bottle ??

Yes.

But just because it's possible doesn't mean it's gonna happen. Sorry!

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Even as an expected reaction it felt disconcerting. Even on the meh entries we at least had positive so and so should see this, etc. Its a very different ending from say TDK. I wouldnt change it, but I cant see it being good for legs. 

Ours was dead silent too.  And everyone loved it...so I actually agree with other poster

1 minute ago, Jandrew said:

#AvengersInfinityWar is trending on US Twitter. Yes I know the movie is making bank, but that's a surprise. Movies typically trend after previews start letting out, not the opening Saturday afternoon. It's either a slow news days, or people reallyyyy want to share how they feel.

Well, #NationalSuperheroDay is also trending on the US Twitter, so, I guess it all ties in?

(Btw, I didn't even know that was a thing, but how fitting that the supposed National Superhero Day in America will be celebrated with probably the biggest true day gross in film history from a superhero movie.)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, YLF said:

They changed it yesterday. You can't watch a movie you already watched on moviepass again. They didnt email about it, but they updated it on their terms of service. You have to update the app in order to see movies you have already seen blocked out. Also, they said if you use the service without updating the app your account will be closed.

Is @CJohn now doing extra hours for Moviepass? 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3