CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

It was packed today in Manchester - sold out shows (even the trash front row ones!) every showing I tried to get a ticket to. Finally managed to find a showing and grabbed one of the three free seats.

It was really annoying though, had four really rowdy teenagers behind me who couldn't stop talking. They at least shut up for the actual film, but I was worried for a moment.

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They certainly aren't what they used to be but there are almost as many Drive Ins still around as IMAX screens.  

From Wiki

Oddly enough:

I was talking with the man who use to own the local Drive-In today. Our Drive In has a fancy digital projector, and is normally packed in the summer.  

We both looked at each other and said: WTF are the new owners doing. They are opening May 18. Why don’t they have BP and IW as a double feature this weekend. There would be a half mile back up to get in. 

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, YLF said:

I already saw the movie on thursday I bought those tickets back in March lol. This would have been my second viewing. You know movie pass only allows you to see a movie once now, right?

wait, only once? i can't watch the same movie multiple times, but on different days? when did this change happen?!

Just now, CJohn said:

@MOVIEGUY HAS BEEN BANNED FOR POSTING A SPOILER IN THE WEEKEND THREAD. SEE YOU IN 7 DAYS.

SBcGZZC.gif

PHUyL6A.gif

For the rest of the weekend, instead of saying "banned" you should say "Pinked"

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

This. With today's prices and had theaters been properly prepared, Jurassic World and Avengers would've done $80M+ Saturday. That's why I think it's in play.

Yep, theater counts: 

Infinity - 4474

Avengers - 4349

Jurassic - 4274

That's a big advantage for Infinity and it does not account for the extra PLF screens that have been built through the years. Really big difference there between 2012 and 2018. I would guess the PLF screen count across the country has tripled in the last 6 years. Ticket prices for those shows are 30-40% higher than a normal show. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Just got back.... the marketting has worked but our audience was not into the "ending" havent heard so much silence at the end of a show in a long time, maybe Mockingjay1.... lots of griping about having to wait on the way out. 

Thought it was well done though. And that 106m OD omg its amazing.  

Yes, thats the expected reaction. Did you expect a round of applause after that ending? That’s how it was in my theater too. That’s what the movie was meant to do. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xequalsy said:

It was packed today in Manchester - sold out shows (even the trash front row ones!) every showing I tried to get a ticket to. Finally managed to find a showing and grabbed one of the three free seats.

It was really annoying though, had four really rowdy teenagers behind me who couldn't stop talking. They at least shut up for the actual film, but I was worried for a moment.

I dragged my girlfriend to the front rows because our 3 screen theaters seats are far away from the screen, notorious for low sound and the screen isn't much bigger than the fancy ones they have in Best Buy living rooms hahaha...I envy you guys who have recliners in the theater and big screens with resolution better than what my old 13" tv had when I was a teenager..

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Alaska box said:

Think there is any money in a drive in theater in Alaska? Hahahah never seen one in my life! Sorry for off topic post, just thought these things were in older movies or period pieces

A fellow Alaskan, YAY!

Maybe here in Anchorage, but unlikely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iron Raf said:

Yes, thats the expected reaction. Did you expect a round of applause after that ending? That’s how it was in my theater too. That’s what the movie was meant to do. 

Even as an expected reaction it felt disconcerting. Even on the meh entries we at least had positive so and so should see this, etc. Its a very different ending from say TDK. I wouldnt change it, but I cant see it being good for legs. 

3 minutes ago, Iron Raf said:

Nice name