CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

So, while we wait on numbers...

I asked my kids (teen to K) that if we could see one movie together this summer, what should we see.  I offered Avengers, Solo, Incredibles 2, Ant Man and the Wasp, Jurassic World, Hotel Transylvania 3, and Teen Titans Go.  All 4 (even the teen) picked Incredibles 2 1st and then there was a split between Ant Man (older 2 girls) and TTG (younger 2 boys).  Not saying that families will break this way, but I was surprised the Star Wars-loving boys didn't pick Solo (although they do love TTG, too) and the girls had zero interest in anything but the 2 mentioned...and I got noses turned up at HT3, which is funny since they watched the 1st 2 in theaters...

Something to keep in mind as we see the summer play out...

• Like 7

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Expect to see this gif when Rth delivers some Saturday numbers. Expect to see it... A lot.

KMaf640.gif

Yeah feels like an outrageous number is coming. I still remember how absurd that 70M Sat was for the first one

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Yeah feels like an outrageous number is coming. I still remember how absurd that 70M Sat was for the first one

I hope I'm here for it. Seeing IW again in 3 hours and I don't wanna miss out on the fun.

• Like 1

Whoever has the time (I don't....lol) can still check showings by showings how many seats are left to buy and get the idea.

I decided to go to a few theaters here in the Orlando area, and the 8pm shows, when you click to buy a ticket, and select your seats, the average seat left is just 1-2 left..lol

A lot of showings like. Even a 2am showing in IMAX 3D has a half theater full already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Could BP see a small increase from last weekend? Friday was up 4%. Maybe it sees a 3% to 5% increase from last weekend?

Tbf this is a special screening at an old theate  They have 2nd run movies once a week, but this is a huge showing for them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, while we wait on numbers...

I asked my kids (teen to K) that if we could see one movie together this summer, what should we see.  I offered Avengers, Solo, Incredibles 2, Ant Man and the Wasp, Jurassic World, Hotel Transylvania 3, and Teen Titans Go.  All 4 (even the teen) picked Incredibles 2 1st and then there was a split between Ant Man (older 2 girls) and TTG (younger 2 boys).  Not saying that families will break this way, but I was surprised the Star Wars-loving boys didn't pick Solo (although they do love TTG, too) and the girls had zero interest in anything but the 2 mentioned...and I got noses turned up at HT3, which is funny since they watched the 1st 2 in theaters...

Something to keep in mind as we see the summer play out...

I’m thinking I2 is going to have a crazy breakout.  Hopefully my gamble of putting it at #1 in my Summer game pays off

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1