CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

7 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It definitely received a big boost from other Avenger characters, especially Iron Man. 

If it was a different Cap3 story with no Tony and Spiderman, but just as well reviewed as Winter Soldier, it would still make it in the Spidey/Ragnarok range, maybe a bit higher.

• Like 1

Going to see it again for the 3rd time @ 7pm. This will be my last time in theaters until May 12th when I'm taking my mother (who loves Thor). The showing is down to 4 seats left so demand still seems to be incredibly high. Sub 20% drop is my estimation. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

But nobody wants to re-watch Avatar.

True. Watched it with my then-10 year old daughter about a year ago. She said it was agonizingly slow. Admittedly, no 3d or IMAX hurt the visual impact, but I think the march of time hurt it even more.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wrath said:

True. Watched it with my then-10 year old saughter about a year ago. She said it was agonizingly slow. Admittedly, no 3d or IMAX hurt the visual impact, but I think the march of time hurt it even more.

I once tried to rewatch Avatar. Fell asleep around 1 hour into it, never tried again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Joel M said:

If it was a different Cap3 story with no Tony and Spiderman, but just as well reviewed as Winter Soldier, it would still make it in the Spidey/Ragnarok range, maybe a bit higher.

Spidey and Ragnarok were also mini-cross over movies to an extent.  You had Hulk all over the Ragnarok trailer and Tony all over the Spidey trailer.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I would hope so. Civil War is so clearly not an Avengers film that the claim that it is always annoys me. My predictions for Avengers films will NEVER factor in Civil War because it's NOT an Avengers film. The people who factored it into their predictions look mighty silly today. As silly as I looked when I predicted Blade Runner would open above Mad Max.

In matter of fact, what we can now say retroactively, is that AoU was in fact Avengers 1.5 and a mere stepping stone for other films in the universe and especially AIW, the proper Avengers Part II. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, harrycaul said:

What I'm wondering is when will Disney confess they aren't really going to let Rian Johnson make a trilogy.

Probably after it’s finished, released and made around 3B WW in total.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

People are on such a high they might start predicting Ant-Man to open with 150mil. Cool it guys, not ever Marvel film is making over 500mil in North America. None of the Marvel films last year hit 400mil.

Hell Feige has been chasing that dragon of out-opening AVENGERS for what 6 years now with IM3/AOU/CW? Even with the brand power and good reviews (more or less) and everything, it wasn't until now that he could reclaim that throne and top himself. 

As for AM2....150 million OW is absurd. But 100 million? Not impossible...

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I once tried to rewatch Avatar. Fell asleep around 1 hour into it, never tried again.

I suggest you keep on changing locations frequently. IronJimbo can catch a flight and easily reach you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

if resurrected Stephen Lang owns a lot of Navi in the sequel while smoking a cigar spouting off cheesy mustache twirling dialogue, i'll see it

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

In matter of fact, what we can now say retroactively, is that AoU was in fact Avengers 1.5 and a mere stepping stone for other films in the universe and especially AIW, the proper Avengers Part II. 

Actually the only movie that exists is Avengers 4, the other 20 movies are just sub-1 decimals

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Civil War was a Avengers movie they said. :hahaha:

Team up films are on a downward trend they said. :Venom:

The last 2 years Marvel Studios has taken every criticism against them from clickbait YouTube so called film analysts and punched their soul through the cosmos. :sparta:

original.gif

I was not too impressed with the 2016 MCU films. The genuinely hot streak started in 2017 and continues to this day. An impressive record of 5 very good to excellent films. 

• Like 1