Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

7 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

And now we have Tom Hardy’s Eddie Brock/Venom. Which makes me wonder....how does he compare to Topher Grace’s Eddie Brock/Venom from SM3?

literally, no comparison ;) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Well, internet critics like Nostalgia Critic & Confused Matthew didn’t see it that way. Their opinions of the actor & the movies must be different, i think. Particularly the first one which had good but not overly spectacular reviews.

I think maybe Sam Raimi’s SM3’s mixed reputation, kinda hurt the confidence of great future SM-films (which is maybe why Marc Webb’s TASM’s weren’t as big hits as the Raimi-films)...but then SM: Homecoming brought back the fun charm of what made people love the first two Raimi-Spidey movies.

And now we have Tom Hardy’s Eddie Brock/Venom. Which makes me wonder....how does he compare to Topher Grace’s Eddie Brock/Venom from SM3?

It might be easy to forget, but back in 2012, I distinctly recall there having been a number of people who said that Andrew Garfield’s Spider-Man was a breath of fresh air. While the film as a whole was overshadowed by the The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-Man did have a fair amount of defenders back in the day. 

2 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Well, internet critics like Nostalgia Critic & Confused Matthew didn’t see it that way. Their opinions of the actor & the movies must be different, i think. Particularly the first one which had good but not overly spectacular reviews.

I think maybe Sam Raimi’s SM3’s mixed reputation, kinda hurt the confidence of great future SM-films (which is maybe why Marc Webb’s TASM’s weren’t as big hits as the Raimi-films)...but then SM: Homecoming brought back the fun charm of what made people love the first two Raimi-Spidey movies.

Tom Hardy is better than Grace but Spider-Man 3 was the better movie and Venom is actually more threatening there. He’s basically a teddy bear here 

• ...wtf 2

I honestly felt "Venom" may have gotten a "Nostalgia" Bump also because the character is very popular amongst 80's and 90's babies.  Also many felt he was underused in Spidey 3 so to have an entire film about him attracted many Spidey fans.  Great Opening, broke the record by a comfortable margin.  Congrats Sony.  Disney doesn't have to own everything Marvel.  I'm cool with other studios giving us different takes on the Characters.  Sony shouldn't give up their Spidey rights, he's too popular of a character and has a rich Universe all on his own.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Michelle Williams was obviously the MVP in Venom.

You could sense all the passion in each line she gave to Bro Hardy, you could almost see her thinking about her grocery list in most of the scenes ( "did I forget the Ketchup ?" I think I Did !" "I ll buy it tomorrow then").

Chemistry between her and Hardly was off the charts.

She s in purgatory now, she will have to do at least 3 more of those.

Karma s a bitch.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Michelle Williams was obviously the MVP in Venom.

You could sense all the passion in each line she gave to Bro Hardy, you could almost see her thinking about her grocery list in most of the scenes ( "did I forget the Ketchup ?" I think I Did !" "I ll buy it tomorrow then").

Chemistry between her and Hardly was off the charts.

She s in purgatory now, she will have to do at least 3 more of those.

Karma s a bitch.

Someone ban this mofo, he just spoiled a pivotal scene from the movie. :apocalypse:

16 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Oh and yes Deadpool, this one is on you.

Thx for lauching the dudebro humor Marvel brand.

God knows we needed it so much.

After your comments about pop music and this, you're zen:

People are pasisonate, that is how we are wired.

There is no need to be all condescendant about what people are passionate about.

Goes away real fast when it is stuff you do not like (but still feel the need to watch in theater and go online talk about it)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

I want from "Meh, not seeing this" to book tickets for this thanks to this thread. 

The movie was fun and "serviceable". More than I can say than for most recent non-MCU CBMs. "villain" was meh and Michelle was truly awful, borderline asleep through her scenes. But IMO most of the movie worked (even though some arcs felt a bit rushed) as a mindless fun movie (Tom looks like he enjoyed every minute of it)

Of course. It could've been miles better and probably started a franchise (in a good way) but it's not really a thing dreadful like SS, Apocalypse, IM2 or TASM2. Not even below average like The Dark World

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

4 hours ago, gravestonedt said:

LeBron James' Sons — Ages 11 and 14 — Drink Wine: 'That's How Mature They Are,' He Says

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/lebron-james-apos-sons-ages-180737229.html

Are we suddenly pretending like wine is that bad of a thing for kids to drink now? Hell, every kid out there should drink wine. (Getting drunk on it is a different story :ph34r:)

• Like 1