Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

5 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

FYI, Upgrade is cheaper to watch. You can do it from home now.

To be fair, Travers probably thought this was a big budget sequel to Upgrade. I don't see him as the type wholly invested in CBMs.

It's not a question of him being a CBM fan but of him getting basic facts right like which studio is realeasing a movie. Yes, I do expect a professional reviewer who has been doing this for a number of years not to make a stupid mistake like that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Travers is nothing but a quote whore, I don't care about his opinion in the first place.

I don't like Travers much either, but, dammit, he should get basic facts straight like which studio is releasing a film. It's called basic competence.

Travers is entitiled to his opinions, but he is not entitled to his own facts, as the late great Harlan Ellison was fond of saying.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I don't like Travers much either, but, dammit, he should get basic facts straight like which studio is releasing a film. It's called basic competence.

Travers is entitiled to his opinions, but he is not entitled to his own facts, as the late great Harlan Ellison was fond of saying.

That mistake does show that he is deeply unprofessional. 

13 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

That mistake does show that he is deeply unprofessional. 

Exactlyl If it would have been some blogger I would have said "What can you expect" but from a professional jounalists  (and yes, reviewers for a major outlet are jounalists) I really expect better.

I am a big fan of professional competence;and the we are having less and less of it scares me.

• Like 2

Also: "Upgrade" cinematography >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Venom" cinematography. WTF, mister Libatique?

And finally. Do you prepare for headshot? Suicide Squad is more entertaining than Venom. Same level of stupidnes, but SS has good production value, Harley + some fun trash moments.

Venom is just boring. That's all.

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, salvador-232 said:

And according to the Mexico thread is looking good there also :ph34r:. Tomorrow there will be some South American numbers, let's see how it does around here. 

It's a shame it's elections weekend in Brazil so the numbers will suffer, specially on Sunday.

2 hours ago, raulbalarezo said:

From the Russia Thread 

:Venom:

Terrific start for Venom. 208-210 mln RUB or $3.2 mln. 

7th best OD.

https://kinobusiness.com/kassovye_sbory/weekend/2018/30.09.2018/usd/

for comps 

BP 1.41M OD

IW 4.75M OD

DP2 2.8M OD

JW2 2.38M OD

AMATW 1.59M OD

good start for Venom in Russia :ph34r:

Edited by RealLyre

After seeing this, I'm convinced that Tom Hardy took this role just to have an excuse to act like a maniac.

The pre-MCU comparisons are spot on. I was entertained. Catwoman this film was not. But it is a bit like Ghost Rider with how it was handled.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

After seeing this, I'm convinced that Tom Hardy took this role just to have an excuse to act like a maniac.

The pre-MCU comparisons are spot on. I was entertained. Catwoman this film was not. But it is a bit like Ghost Rider with how it was handled.

Maybe Hardy wants to be new Nick Cage.  If so I look foward to his next films about bees and witches.