ZeeSoh

Tuesday (9/5):- Infinity War - 10.67m

So if IW closely follows the pattern of GotG Vol. 2 last year it should be in for close to $10.5M today (26.5% jump).

•  

Bingo.

Edited by JB33

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think I'm starting to become a bit of a new Marvel loonie.  I've been watching some of the films that I either didn't like all that much or didn't love.  And I've enjoyed them more than I did before, with the exception of Civil War, which I still didn't care for.

Winter Soldier I really enjoyed when it first came out, and that didn't change when I saw it again.

The first Avenger, Captain America, I liked much more his time around.

Saw Thor about a week ago and liked it much more than the first time.'

Avengers i my favourite of all the MCU films and that hasn't changed.  Still love this one.

Civil War was better but still pretty much a let down, didn't like the plot or that Tony was such an asshole in this one.

Ultron is the one I want to see next, along with M3, two films I did not like at all.

IM3 is awful, I wouldn’t bother. Ultron is serviceable. I have a soft spot for all the pre-avengers MCU films (and yeah that includes the Incredible Hulk which I loved) and find the first avenger the most underrated film of all the MCU, joe Johnston did a terrific job and I find it like 100 times better than Wonder Woman (which is kind of similar). It’s amazing how much more passion TFA has , as a period film actually capturing the period it is supposed to take place into unlike WW.

• Like 1

Continuing to build a lead over BP which is very good.

I'm thinking that this will get very close to 600M by the time Deadpool arrives. The close it is, the better chance of 700M all in.

14 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think I'm starting to become a bit of a new Marvel loonie.  I've been watching some of the films that I either didn't like all that much or didn't love.  And I've enjoyed them more than I did before, with the exception of Civil War, which I still didn't care for.

Winter Soldier I really enjoyed when it first came out, and that didn't change when I saw it again.

The first Avenger, Captain America, I liked much more his time around.

Saw Thor about a week ago and liked it much more than the first time.'

Avengers i my favourite of all the MCU films and that hasn't changed.  Still love this one.

Civil War was better but still pretty much a let down, didn't like the plot or that Tony was such an asshole in this one.

Ultron is the one I want to see next, along with M3, two films I did not like at all.

If you didn't like Ultron the 1st time, then.... well, I'm not sure if you'll like it the 2nd time around either :P To me, it was a movie that just got worse and worse over time. So frustrating, so rushed, so awkwardly written and so... off as a movie. It's serviceable as a dumb rollercoaster ride with plenty of fireworks, and that's literally all the purpose it serves.

Don't know about Iron Man 3 but it depends on how you feel about Shane Black's writing. The plotholes and dumb decisions still stand imo, but I've grown to like the Mandarin twist with the years tbh and I love some other aspects of the film.

(Also, the way you describe CW probably helps explain why its legs were so disappointing: I imagine a lot of GA members felt similarly to you, not liking the idea of the Avengers being asshats to each other. I think the movie is good, not great, but to each their own :P)

Edited by MCKillswitch123

3 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

IM3 is awful, I wouldn’t bother. Ultron is serviceable. I have a soft spot for all the pre-avengers MCU films (and yeah that includes the Incredible Hulk which I loved) and find the first avenger the most underrated film of all the MCU, joe Johnston did a terrific job and I find it like 100 times better than Wonder Woman (which is kind of similar). It’s amazing how much more passion TFA has , as a period film actually capturing the period it is supposed to take place into unlike WW.

IM3 is a great Shane Black flick.

• Like 3

Ultron and IM3 are the two worst MCU films (along with Thor 2).  But I'd still like to see them again.  Tastes and opinions change and soften sometimes.  

14 minutes ago, A2M said:

Continuing to build a lead over BP which is very good.

I'm thinking that this will get very close to 600M by the time Deadpool arrives. The close it is, the better chance of 700M all in.

It will be around 35-40M short to 600M. To have a chance to 700M it would have to deliver strong legs against DP2 and Solo. Maybe it can. If you look at SM3, it had barely 50% drops against huge openers such as Shrek3 and Pirates3. And it did so despite its mixed/poor reception. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Ultron and IM3 are the two worst MCU films (along with Thor 2).  But I'd still like to see them again.  Tastes and opinions change and soften sometimes.  

This. I can watch parts of TDW (Asgard, not the Earth) but I've no desire to see Ultron or IM3 (save for Trevor on YT). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stripe said:

It will be around 35-40M short to 600M. To have a chance to 700M it would have to deliver strong legs against DP2 and Solo. Maybe it can. If you look at SM3, it had barely 50% drops against huge openers such as Shrek3 and Pirates3. And it did so despite its mixed/poor reception. 

I think it'll be 575M but it all depends on this upcoming weekend. BP did 66M.

What will AIW do?

3 hours ago, LonePirate said:

Changes from last Tuesday:

AIW (if 10.5): -55%

AQP: -16%

R: -26%

Amazing