ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

5 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

"Hey Thanos how's your sex life" our lgbt MCU hero mocks Thanos as he checks out trying to casually hit on both the Captains

I can't tell you. It's confidential.

The decimation business is very competitive these days.

18 hours ago, Avatree said:

Henry Cavill is gay?

Long rumored to be.  His status became "quieter" once he was finally cast as Supes.  Then there were "girlfriends."

Meanwhile, I expect this thread to implode long before this movie finishes production.

Edited by Macleod

On 3/10/2019 at 10:00 AM, Avatree said:

This gay stuff is silly... why does it need to be added?

Romance is one thing Marvel has time and again failed at. So much so they dropped it for most of their recent characters and films and killed off the romance characters. The only places it works is where the romance is between central characters (Ant Man & Wasp , Star Lord & Gamora).

Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk, all suffered from awful romance plots and characters.

Recent movies like Dr Strange, Spiderman, and Black Panther were much better off for not having romance included, and Iron Man, Thor, Cap are all better off for having their romantic interests be killed off / written out.

But... all 3 of them have romantic subplots.

Hell, Spider-Man centers about him having a huge crush and taking the girl to school dance. Black Panther's decisions are heavily influenced by him being in love with Nakia, since the beginning through the end. 

• Like 6

On 3/13/2019 at 10:07 AM, Avatree said:

Henry Cavill is gay?

I think so, but after all it's none of our business. 

He decides whether he wants to come out or not. That's not the point. The sad fact is that he wouldn't be Superman if he came out - and I understand that. Not even I as an openly gay man would cast a gay actor as Superman. Not because I have a problem with it (obviously not) but the GA simply couldn't handle it. He wouldn't have portrayed the part any different and would still be the manly man he is, but too many people couldn't take him serious in the role of that specific superhero. 

The same happens with straight men playing gay roles. One straight man kisses another = award bite. A gay man portraying a straight man = fake. 

As it becomes more and more obvious that Marvel can turn anything into a success, I truly hope they do something for queer folks with "Eternals". It's about time - at least for a serious attempt. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I saw that on 4chan yesterday 

4chan also said that Kaya Scodelario and Dakota Johnson were in the running for Jessica Drew. 

4chan is the last place to look for legitimate info on films

I don't know if this newscame out first (date is yesterday Mar 19 like 4chan news leak) and 4chan used it to add their own stuff or this site lifted it from 4chan. 

EDIT found it:

Marvel - New Rumours About Next Movies Anonymous 03/19/19(Tue)12:38:22

• Alexsander Skarsgärd ans Sofia Boutella will be the protagonists of The Eternals. Stranger Things star Milly Bobby Brown will also be in the movie.

• Kevin Feige wants Shang-Chi to repeat the same Black Panther feat. About 90% of the cast will be Asian. The film will also feature surprise appearances and introduce new characters to the MCU. Hawkeye and Shang-Chi will be like "Carol Danvers and Nick Fury" in the movie.

• Florence Pugh will play villain Yelena Belova in Black Widow. David Gyasi will also play a villain in the movie, more precisely a leader of an organization that funds genetic experiments on people to create "superhumans".

• Amadeus Cho will appear in the film played by Remy Hii.

• After his return to the studio, James Gunn restarted his work with Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3 and intends to insert Zac Effron in the film. The bet is that he plays Adam Warlock.

• Fantastic Four will be Fox's first bet for the MCU. The cast of actors will be the biggest surprise and is being kept secret.

• Nathalie Emmanuel is the studio's big bet to play Monica Rambeau in Captain Marvel sequel.

• Naomi Harris is the favorite for the role of Storm and she being watched to have her role in Black Panther sequel.

• Zachary Quinto was approached by the studio for a possible role in the X-Men plans at the MCU, the bet is on Prof X. 

• Kevin Feige intends to make Cyclops the great protagonist of the X-Men, giving him the necessary leadership of the group, making him become a great character. The bets for the character are between Ryan Guzman and Jonny Weston.

• Kaya Scodelario and Dakota Johnson vie for the Jessica Drew role, who will be introduced in the third Spiderman sequel at the MCU.

• A children's version of Miles Morales will appear in Far From Home. He will be around 5 to 7 years old on movie

• Freddie Highmore and Asa Butterfield vie for a secret role in the MCU. No further information has been obtained.

so the same OP seems to have commented further:

Shang-Chi
>Several Asian and Asian-American actors will be auditioning for the lead roles in the next few months, among them Yoson An, Yifei Liu, Daniel Wu, Lewis Tan, Jian Ting and Karen Fukuhara. Donnie Yen is being eyed for the villain.

Black Panther 2
>Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Letitia Wright, Angela Basset, Winston Duke, Daniel Kaluuya and Martin Freeman will return. Ryan Coogler wanted Mahershala Ali for a role, but his involvement with Luke Cage might prevent that. Halle Berry, Naomie Harris, Regina King, Thandie Newton and Mary J. Blige (among others) are being eyed for a role. From my understanding, Berry is the top choice.

Doctor Strange 2
>Benedict Cumberbatch, Rachel McAdams, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Benedict Wong will return. Scott Derrickson wants Joaquin Phoenix as the main villain (Phoenix almost played Strange back in 2016 and they remained in touch).

Captain Marvel 2
>Brie Larson and Jude Law will return. Gugu Mbatha-Raw is being eyed for Monica Rambeau (She had talks about playing Maria Rambeau but they fell through). Also, fun fact, Brad Pitt was approached for Mar-Vell before the character was entirely reworked.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3
>Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Pom Klementieff, Karen Gillan and Elizabeth Debicki expected to return. Before being fired, James Gunn was eyeing Zac Effron and Liam Neeson for roles.

X-Men/Fantastic Four
>There definitely are plans for the characters in the MCU and, although the merger is not complete, executives are already picking potential actors for them.

I put the rest in spoilers cause it's about other movies.

Edited by Valonqar

4 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Casting rumors about movies that aren't even close to being in production? Ok!

The Eternals rumors are plausible, I guess. But certanly not ready to buy into them yet. 

Brie Larson as Carol was announced in June 2016 and she stated that she had known it for at least a year before the announcement (writers were announced in April 2015 and directors were announced in April 2017) so you never truly know with Marvel. 

This does look like fan-casting, though. 

Never mind...I just read the spoilers about the alleged way in which they plan to bring in Miss Drew into the MCU. I would certainly like that, and if I am lucky...she can get her own film eventually. She definitely has a great potential to carry a solo adventure. And she is connected to several Marvel concepts already established in the MCU (Hydra, Fury, SHIELD)...

12 hours ago, expensiveho said:

Brie Larson as Carol was announced in June 2016 and she stated that she had known it for at least a year before the announcement (writers were announced in April 2015 and directors were announced in April 2017) so you never truly know with Marvel. 

This does look like fan-casting, though. 

I can buy that Marvel may be interested or is talking to some actors for certain roles but that info leaking well in advance? When has that ever happened? I don't think we heard any kind of rumors about Brie until 2016. 

• Like 1