ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

4 minutes ago, cookieleeann said:

Film Twitter's hate for Joker made me root for the film even more. I never understood the weird hate towards that film. 

ha ha me too! 

Film Twitter thinks Eternals is bombing = over 100M OW locked :stirthepot:

Go Eternals!

Edited by Valonqar
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

I saw a couple of those tweets but no point in paying attention. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the same people who thought SC was opening under 40. 

One of the guys is the guy who was posting about how when Shang-Chi bombed with a 35 million opening Marvel would be throwing Asian directors under the bus. Of course those tweets have all mysteriously vanished.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, cookieleeann said:

Film Twitter's hate for Joker made me root for the film even more. I never understood the weird hate towards that film. 

In fairness some of the hate was because of a leaked early draft of the script, which was essentially the same except Flecks relationship with Zazie Beets character wasn't imaginary, and then he goes on a huge incel type rant when he finds out she cheated on him and then he kills her.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Lmao Film Twitter is desperately trying to sell that the reason for the other Disney films being delayed is because Eternals is "going to bomb".

Boy are they gonna be surprised.

Lol, what a cesspool.

19 minutes ago, cookieleeann said:

I think it was a virtue signalling opportunity. Rooting against Joker was like rooting against incels. It's insulting that people think that any struggling mentally white man is bound to go commit violence and it was insulting that they thought Joker would ignite that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

I guess tonight will be the first indication of whether this film can live up to some of our expectations. Of course the initial reactions will be positive regardless but I think something can still be gleaned from their tone.  

Hopefully. I'm looking forward towards this one.

38 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Lmao Film Twitter is desperately trying to sell that the reason for the other Disney films being delayed is because Eternals is "going to bomb".

Boy are they gonna be surprised.

And when it does good, they will whine that another Marvel movie made money lol. It's an endless cycle.

• Like 3

When plot leaks, leakers are mostly focused on:

general plot A to B

big reveals (deaths, twists)

so leaks will always lack in some details or they may even remember them wrong due to concentration on the the juicy parts.

For example, when TFA leaked, it really didn't matter that were scenes that didn't make it in the movie, or that lets say rey's vision was totally different, the main beats were correct as was the big juicy stuff (han's death, rey being a jedi, rey meeeting Luke at the end, Luke being in the movie for only 30 sec). 

So I'd say some details aside, Eternals leak will prove pretty spot on. it has the right flow, like an actual movie, and previews confirmed eevrything. 

Edited by Valonqar

35 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

When plot leaks, leakers are mostly focused on:

general plot A to B

big reveals (deaths, twists)

so leaks will always lack in some details or they may even remember them wrong due to concentration on the the juicy parts.

For example, when TFA leaked, it really didn't matter that were scenes that didn't make it in the movie, or that lets say rey's vision was totally different, the main beats were correct as was the big juicy stuff (han's death, rey being a jedi, rey meeeting Luke at the end, Luke being in the movie for only 30 sec). 

So I'd say some details aside, Eternals leak will prove pretty spot on. it has the right flow, like an actual movie, and previews confirmed eevrything. 

The point is that many movie scene can change on reshoots even the ending... Not that the whole movie will change.

Edited by Fox20

48 minutes ago, cookieleeann said:

Honestly I think a big part of it was just resentment towards Todd Phillips making a "serious" movie and wanting it to fail. It was so funny watching people try desperately to drum up ANY real sort of controversy over that movie and failing completely.

Edited by MOVIEGUY
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1