ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

49 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

It's certainly

are you aware about spoiler tags not hiding anything on mobile. I recently used one to try it out, was shocked to learn that. Maybe the reason why spoilers are also not allowed under spoiler tags?

5 hours ago, terrestrial said:

are you aware about spoiler tags not hiding anything on mobile. I recently used one to try it out, was shocked to learn that. Maybe the reason why spoilers are also not allowed under spoiler tags?

I’m on mobile and the spoiler tags are working for me.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

I’m on mobile and the spoiler tags are working for me.

Strange, I just after your post (was at a place were I cold use a WLAN) tested it again - both times without logging in.

The spoiler tags look like quotes to me.

13 hours ago, terrestrial said:

not necessarily, as certain things were said in CM that would make it possible too. Plus, it could be a next generation thing as there are a lot of years between those timeline-wise. There are even possibilities for CM 2 laying the groundwork too, incl for things happening shortly before GotG 1 and later events.

Sometimes I feel like making a mentally brezel for avoiding spoilers....

But the Skrull invasion impacts Earth and we saw what was happening on Earth during that time during the IM, Cap, Thor and Avengers movies. The reveal has to take place after AIW et al if they're doing it.

11 hours ago, Horner said:

As of right now nothing for either them or Markus and McFeely.  And both duos have formed their own development/production companies within the past couple of years.  Everyone talks about the trinity of RDJ-Evans-Hemsworth moving on but those four are at least just as much if not more of a loss to Marvel should they decide to pursue other projects for the foreseeable future.

Eh. Marvel should be embracing new/different perspectives at this point, so none of these are huge losses as far as I'm concerned. And as much as I enjoyed IW, it's not a movie without some frustrating flaws. There are other writers/dirclectors out there who could deliver just as well. 

As for that Priyanka Chopra rumor, I have zero desire to see her in Eternals or any other MCU movie. Let that stay a rumor. 

5 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

CM 2 laying the groundwork too

5 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

But the Skrull invasion impacts Earth and we saw what was happening on Earth during that time during the IM, Cap, Thor and Avengers movies. The reveal has to take place after AIW et al if they're doing it.

does not mean its already in the open, just that there could things happen that could lead to... ;)

Some could even be already in place

Edited by terrestrial

11 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Eh. Marvel should be embracing new/different perspectives at this point, so none of these are huge losses as far as I'm concerned. And as much as I enjoyed IW, it's not a movie without some frustrating flaws. There are other writers/dirclectors out there who could deliver just as well.

I don't disagree with needing to bring in new perspectives.  The rate that Marvel puts out movies certainly requires it.  But it's hard to look at what that group has brought to the MCU and argue that a significant part of the MCU's success hasn't flowed directly out of that combination:

Captain America: The First Avenger (M&M as writers)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Captain America: Civil War

Avengers: Infinity War

And of course Endgame, whose success remains to be seen.  I just don't know how you can look at that list and say it's core creatives walking away isn't a big deal.

Edited by Horner
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Horner said:

I don't disagree with needing to bring in new perspectives.  The rate that Marvel puts out movies certainly requires it.  But it's hard to look at what that group has brought to the MCU and argue that a significant part of the MCU's success hasn't flowed directly out of that combination:

And of course Endgame, whose success remains to be seen.  I just don't know how you can look at that list and say it's core creatives walking away isn't a big deal.

Nevertheless, it does help to switch things out every once in a while. I mean, as a creator, if you've been working for a long time on something and you reach the culmination of it, you're bound to want to take a breather.

The Russo Brothers have put six years of their life into directing these, and McFeely/Markus nine years into writing. And the culmination of their work comes out in three weeks. I would say it's time for some fresh blood. And I think they would feel the same way.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Horner said:

I'm not trying to downplay the significance or success of those movies. Indeed, what the Russos, Markus and McFeely were able to accomplish with IW (and possibly Endgame) is especially impressive. But there are plenty of talented writers/directors out there and I'm sure more than a few would be willing to work for Marvel. That they were able to get someone like Coogler for BP and open to hiring writers/directors like Zhao and Cretton is more than a little promising. 

2 minutes ago, jking123 said:

Weird casting and weird director(I know her movie was acclaimed but expected someone more acquainted with blockbusters).

More interested in Black widow right now but this should be very interesting.

Lots of MCU directors have no blockbuster background before joining: Russo Brothers, James Gunn, Ryan Coogler, Fleck and Boden, etc etc

• Like 2