CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

5 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Any particular reason why it shouldn't make as much as It? Competition may be stronger, but Memorial Day and summer weekdays are coming up.

It's a sequel and therefore bound to be more frontloaded.

I think the issue with DP2 as that its a movie that can easily be watched at home as the storyline is secondary and the comedy is top of mind.

My point being for IW for example, people wanted to know who dies and how does the 10-year journey come to an end. As a result, a lot of people who normally don't come to theatres (ahem) went to watch that.

A lot of people will check out DP2 after theatres for sure though. 

even though Deadpool 2 was way better than the first one, it is not too shocking to me to see a drop here

1. The first one had way more novelty. The first major superhero parody

2. The first one had  more novelty in its marketing as well. The first major marketing campaign where it involved the main character basically just talking to the audience

3. Also, the first one felt like it had just more marketing in general. Including a Superbowl ad that aired just a week before the movie came out

4. Also, the release date. Deadpool managed to be the first big even of 2016. While Deadpool 2 is now just another blockbuster release

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think the issue with DP2 as that its a movie that can easily be watched at home as the storyline is secondary and the comedy is top of mind.

My point being for IW for example, people wanted to know who dies and how does the 10-year journey come to an end. As a result, a lot of people who normally don't come to theatres (ahem) went to watch that.

A lot of people will check out DP2 after theatres for sure though. 

there is way more action than the first. This one is worth shelling out the money to watch in IMAX compared to the first

• Thanks 1

i haven't been here since yesterday morning but just looking at the numbers in the thread title i'm guessing that we all think this is an unprecedented disaster and ryan reynolds' career is over again?

Just now, John Marston said:

there is way more action than the first. This one is worth shelling out the money to watch in IMAX compared to the first

I agree, but as I said in the ads there is no story sold, just phew phew phew phew...

Which I want to see but am I dying to see it... is the question.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i haven't been here since yesterday morning but just looking at the numbers in the thread title i'm guessing that we all think this is an unprecedented disaster and ryan reynolds' career is over again?

No the actual disaster may or may not come next week :P

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Between the cluster fuck that the Solo thread is going to be next weekend and DP2's disappointing weekend I'll probably be checking out until I see a film that interests me enough to want to follow its box office run. 

:whosad: who will I shitpost with then?

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The most exciting part will come whenever you're banned for concern trolling.

Do not act so high and mighty for I have already foreseen it 

As I said before if the indications were for Solo to do well, I would predict it to do well. Simple as that.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Haha 2

I blame IW+BP for DP2 "failure", please bear in mind, IW+BP made almost 1.3b when DP 2 hit big screen.

That was like people watch logan+gotg2+ wonder woman+ spiderman all in once, even before the summer really come.....

This really squeezed out the DP2 in marketplace for anymore non-SH fans....