Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

Just now, harrycaul said:

That's...not a flop.

I called it a "blockbuster flop". 

Which means it may not be a flop in the sense of losing money but it is an autrocious result for any big brand.

Remember all the bashing for JL. Well that will look like a big success compared to Solo...

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Solo's OS run will end up being one of the most disastrous blockbuster runs ever for the 21st century. 

LMFAO to say its run is putrid is an understatement. The fact that JW2 is going to annihilate it next weekend just makes things more pathetic for it. 

i appreciate the sentiment but JW2 doesn't open for a month

4 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

No. It will be a movie with a budget of ++$250m that will barely make $500m WW.

It is the definition of a blockbuster flop.

Not really.

And you still have no proof that it will gross only 500 million WW.

Like I said, it will be the worst kind of BO run: too small to silence the stans and too large to silence the detractors.

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

I called it a "blockbuster flop". 

Which means it may not be a flop in the sense of losing money but it is an autrocious result for any big brand.

Remember all the bashing for JL. Well that will look like a big success compared to Solo...

But Justice League was not only a "blockbuster Flop" if we're going by your definition, it was a real flop that lost WB money (50M or so if i remember correctly). Solo will be the same by the looks of it.

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

And now you understand why I asked you if you were mocking my 270m OS prediction for being too high recently. ;)

You've destroyed me with your predictions this year. 

original.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

i appreciate the sentiment but JW2 doesn't open for a month

Not overseas. JW2 is 10 days away in some countries, most of Europe, Asia and South America get it by the 8th of June.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Not really.

And you still have no proof that it will gross only 500 million WW.

Like I said, it will be the worst kind of BO run: too small to silence the stans and too large to silence the detractors.

"large"? In what galaxy? Guess you haven't looked at the overseas numbers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alli said:

Just now, Brainbug said:

OS it opens in 2 weeks. Then this little girl will be Solo:

GrossSomeKomododragon-size_restricted.gi

Just now, Noctis said:

There is a world that goes beyond the 50 states you're used to.

My apologies to all of you, a google search didn't get me that answer. I also found it odd there wasn't any impressions on it yet with an early OS opening

4 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

People arguing the weasel words of "flop" and "bomb" are just bypassing when a movie is an objective financial failure. There is no good way to spin not making profit on a Star Wars film. 

any other movie that will struggle to double its massive budget would be called a flop. Of course in this case we will have some denial

• Like 1

LF is not happy (how could they be?) so we are getting all these Boba/OB1 announcements today to show that they are so confident in their spin-offs, nothing to worry about. hilarious. Those announcements are always issued after the movie opens big, so they clearly want to distract from this flop. 

Edited by Valonqar

Just now, Valonqar said:

LF is not happy (how could they be?) so we are getting all these Boba/OB1 announcement today to show that they are so confident in their spin-offs, nothing to worry about. hilarious. Those announcements are always issued after the movie opens big, so they clearly want to distract from this flop. 

Reeks of The DARK UNIVERSE  or whatever that was called :blink: