Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

3 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

The amount of moviegoers affected by a minor character being recast compared to the likes of Han and Lando is infinitesmall. 

Obi Wan was recast and no one complained.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

A drop like that is not "fine" even if they made their money back. Let's not sugar coat abysmal numbers 

Nova cool down a bit :lol: these are early DHD projections the numbers coud still go up. Lets wait for the gods till we declare Deadpools drop a disaster.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Solo might not be in the top 5 WW for the summer. Probably finish at around #9

IW: $2B

JWFK: $1.4B

TI2: $1.05B

DP2: $770M

MIF: $670M

HT3: $600M

Skyscraper: $580M

MM2: $575M

Solo: $560M

O8: $400M

Ant-Man And The Wasp? :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

There's actually some similarity between one of the main cues of that theme with one of the cues he did for Poe in TFA.

I guess the best pilots share their music playlists.

It sounds one part Poe's theme, one part Rey's theme, one part Hyperspace, and one part Escape all thrown together in a mishmash, and it works. The main melody is super catchy and infectious.

Just now, Brainbug said:

Nova cool down a bit :lol: these are early DHD projections the numbers coud still go up. Lets wait for the gods till we declare Deadpools drop a disaster.

They weren't wrong with Deadpool's numbers last week though :thinking: The only numbers they'll be off for this weekend are Book Club's. $10-12M 4-day? 

:hahaha:

23 minutes ago, grim22 said:

UPDATE, 10:47AM: Industry estimates this morning are pegging around $33M today for Disney Solo: A Star Wars Story with a $80M-$90M three-day and $105M-$115M play over four days. That’s a very early read on opening figures, which do not come from Disney. We could see a different picture by tonight.

It’s a bittersweet result: On the plus side, it’s a bit of an uptick for a Memorial Day event film at the B.O. after the holiday has been in the doldrums for quite some time (the last big debut for the holiday was X-Men: Days of Future Past four years ago with $110M), but on the down side it’s the lowest opening for a Disney Star Wars pic out of four — and it’s lower than the last 20th Century Fox release, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith ($108.4M 3-day, $158.4M Thursday-Sunday take). On a three day basis, Solo is 45% lower than what Disney/Lucasfilm’s Rogue One: A Star Wars Story cleared with a $155M opening, $71M on its opening day.

As a reference, Warner Bros.’ Justice League made $38.4M on its first day, $93.8M over three, and while it wasn’t a four-day opening, it grossed $101.3M from Friday-Monday.

20th Century Fox’s Deadpool 2 is certainly chipping away at Solo with a $12.5M Friday, $40M-$45M 3-day and $52M-$57M 4-day. On the high end that’s at $221.7M.

Disney’s own Avengers: Infinity War is looking at a $19M-$21M four-day, while Paramount’s Book Club is projected with a $10M-$12M 4-day.

What is this shit? 

• Haha 2

So guys, while I felt Solo would be a flop from a Star Wars point of view, how bad is it exactly both DOm and OS? I was very busy so I didn't follow at all...

The film seems a bit better than some people feared but not enough to save it, apparently.

So, 650-700m WW?

Just now, Fullbuster said:

So guys, while I felt Solo would be a flop from a Star Wars point of view, how bad is it exactly both DOm and OS? I was very busy so I didn't follow at all...

The film seems a bit better than some people feared but not enough to save it, apparently.

So, 650-700m WW?

It's going to be lucky to do 550M at this point.

• Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1

Where Solo might end up WW this summer:

1. IW - $2B

2. FK - $1.2B+

3. I2 - $1B+

4. MI6 - $800M

5. DP2 - $775M

6. AMATW - $750M

7. MM2 - $550M

8. Skyscraper - $525M

9. Christopher Robin - $500M

10. HT3 - $475M

11. O8 - $400M

12. Solo - $380m

Just now, Fullbuster said:

So, 650-700m WW?

Pretty objectively awful overseas. Heading towards like 220 domestic (it's a family-ish film with summer weekdays and decent WOM, it'll get over 200).

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

So, 650-700m WW?

Lower your WW by $200M and you'd have a good range....if that. 

• Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Solo might not be in the top 5 WW for the summer. Probably barely make the top 10.

IW: $2B

JWFK: $1.4B

TI2: $1.05B

DP2: $770M

AMATW: $750M

MIF: $670M

HT3: $600M

Skyscraper: $580M

MM2: $575M

Solo: $560M

IW is not a summer film.