Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

Just now, Blankments said:

Solid is not good enough

Hide contents

I'm not seeing it because I'm well aware that even if it is 

good, I won't be able to enjoy it on any level

god you're even weirder than the star wars weirdos.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This is how BOT and Star Wars end. With an Han Solo movie, of all things.

Does that mean -- for all our sanity -- we're just gonna lock the thread until hard numbers come out this evening? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

Disney is running SW into the ground.

I liked TFA and I liked TLJ and I liked RO and I thought Solo was fun but I guess most people disagree. Turns out SW was not the strong brand we were let to believe.

It's going to have made $5b in box office alone in 4 films you twit.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Honestly, that FK OW wouldn't even shock me. If it happens though, it will probably finish a whopping 50% lower than JW

Im am very much confident that the FK number will shock you indeed  - when it goes to 150M+ and beyond ;)

• Thanks 1

With Solo not being a big blockbuster, I wonder if the 1-2-3 punch of May 2007 will ever be replicated/topped at the box office? Three 400+ adjusted juggernauts all released within a month span. Many thought IW/DP2/Solo would do it, but lol Solo. 

Serious question: if Incredibles II is tracking for 140M+, is that going to hurt the chances of JW opening in that range the very next week? Different audiences etc. I know, but I can't remember the last time two movies opened to such monster numbers back-to-back.

Fun story about JW:FK - a friend of mine was talking to me when I went home last week about how she was really hyped for it after the first trailer, but the new trailer she got when she saw Infinity War completely turned her off. Anecdotal I know, but she's the definition of the type of casual person that went to Jurassic World first go-around. Won't be surprised with sub-350M for it

Just now, Mekanos said:

Serious question: if Incredibles II is tracking for 140M+, is that going to hurt the chances of JW opening in that range the very next week? Different audiences etc. I know, but I can't remember the last time two movies opened to such monster numbers back-to-back.

Yep. No animated film has ever opened that high, if I2 does then that means it's one of the few animated films ever to successfully be appealing to more of a true 4 quad demo. And kids were a big driving force of JW anyways, so it kind of is a direct competitor in a way. 

Just now, MrGamer said:

That hurts, Blanket. 

Nah, it's simply because I know baumer loves Ron Howard but doesn't like Star Wars without Jedi in it. I'm curious who wins out in that battle

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Im am very much confident that the FK number will shock you indeed  - when it goes to 150M+ and beyond ;)

Lol, it would take quite a bit more than 150m for a direct sequel to a film that opened to 208m 3 years ago to impress/shock me. ;)

2 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

I miss TheForceuser77. 

He was super enthusiastic in his support for TLJ early on and even had OW Sun growing from Sat. Then a few days later did a u-turn and bashed the movie's bo left, right and center.

Entertaining myself reading Chrome autotranslate Douban reviews.

"Chuyi and the Millennium and Blue are each one star. The men's movements and tone of voice are like Korea, but they are completely lacking in handsomeness and spark. A lot of screens are very dark. The darkness didn't recognize Lian Long Ma at first. Is it a problem in the studio? The villain of the illusionists played at least as well. Story... At least better than TLJ."

Guessing "like Korea" should be "like Han"

Edited by harrycaul
Han