Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

Just now, harrycaul said:

Entertaining myself reading Chrome autotranslate Douban reviews.

"Chuyi and the Millennium and Blue are each one star. The men's movements and tone of voice are like Korea, but they are completely lacking in handsomeness and spark. A lot of screens are very dark. The darkness didn't recognize Lian Long Ma at first. Is it a problem in the studio? The villain of the illusionists played at least as well. Story... At least better than TLJ."

Blue's in this? Why didn't anyone tell me Solo was a Jurassic World crossover film? :ohmygod:

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Solo recast main characters. That's a turn-off. RO didn't recast anyone. It had a new set of bland characters but as long as the movie doesn't shit on old favorites audience is receptive. One of reasons for TLJ discord is what was done to Luke. I think that LF underestimated the level of Ford/Han identification (this isn't Batman or Bond that could be played by various actors). 

Pretty sure Tarkin was recast...

Solo's box office will end up too small to be considered a smashing success but too large to be considered a massive failure. And therefore, it will engender countless back-and-forth arguments that will convince nobody of the "error" of their ways...

Without wanting to be disrespectful to Solo, the story of the weekend could actually be Book Club increasing over its 4D-WE.

It's having incredible weekdays and might stay nearly flat over the 3D. 

That's amazing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I'll be there day one for that Lando movie though, provided they don't hire Peyton Reed or Ron Howard or Clint Eastwood etc.

Robert Downey Jr. would make a great Lando Calrissian. :sparta:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Solo: A Star Wars Story (Edwards Ontario Palace)

12:45 PM IMAX 3D 44/532

4:00 PM IMAX 2D 42/532

7:15 PM IMAX 3D 89/532

10:30 PM IMAX 2D 26/532

10:30 AM RPX 17/736

1:45 PM RPX 11/736

5:00 PM RPX 3D 14/736

8:15 PM RPX 13/736

11:30 PM RPX 0/736

10:30 AM RPX 29/736

14 minutes ago, Nova said:

People here arguing about TLJ and Han Solo but I am over here just worrying about Deadpool 2's drop :sadno: I cant believe it lost all its premium screens to a potential flop :rant:

Why all this anxiety over D2? It's doing great.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blankments said:

oh and since I saw it earlier and this is my first time on the boards in a while: looking forward to opening my "The Lion King Under Finding Dory" club in a couple months

I think it's more likely to double Dory than go under it.

5 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Serious question: if Incredibles II is tracking for 140M+, is that going to hurt the chances of JW opening in that range the very next week? Different audiences etc. I know, but I can't remember the last time two movies opened to such monster numbers back-to-back.

JW opened to 208 and held well at 106m its second weekend with IO doing 90m

it could be 140m OW I2   then 70m for 2nd weekend and JW2 140m

4 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Solo's box office will end up too small to be considered a smashing success but too large to be considered a massive failure. And therefore, it will engender countless back-and-forth arguments that will convince nobody of the "error" of their ways...

We'll see about that. The preview # indicates massive failure could very well be incoming. If it does 75-80m like the previews would indicate and gets a typical 2.5 MD weekend multi, then we're looking at like 185-200. OS won't be any bigger than that. That's a massive failure. Of course in all fairness it could play nothing like any of the last three SW films and end up having huge walk ups today, so verdict's still out. All we know at this point is it's not going to be a massive success. 

Edited by MovieMan89

17 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I swear, I have no idea why Regal even has RPX screens. They sell like shit, there's no major difference between them and normal screens even at the Spectrum and I don't think I have ever heard anyone praise the screens unlike AMC Dolby.

I wonder if Cineworld will replace them with their own internal brand when they start refurbishing the Regal cinemas? 

3 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Robert Downey Jr. would make a great Lando Calrissian. :sparta:

... I feel like this is making fun of my rarely voiced anger that Will Smith is playing the Genie in Aladdin rather than RDJ :/

4 minutes ago, StevenG said:

No. It will be a movie with a budget of ++$250m that will barely make $500m WW.

It is the definition of a blockbuster flop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Solo's OS run will end up being one of the most disastrous blockbuster runs ever for the 21st century. 

LMFAO to say its run is putrid is an understatement. The fact that JW2 is going to annihilate it next weekend just makes things more pathetic for it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Noctis said:

Solo's OS run will end up being one of the most disastrous blockbuster runs ever for the 21st century. 

LMFAO to say its run is putrid is an understatement. The fact that JW2 is going to annihilate it next weekend just makes things more pathetic for it. 

And now you understand why I asked you if you were mocking my 270m OS prediction for being too high recently. ;)