Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

I'm legit looking forward to Ant-Man 2. I love the first one, this one looks like lots of fun, and the way the trailer is showing how they are creatively using the shrinking and growing? Fuck it I'm all in.

Totally agree, and I really liked the 1st one too. I was (and still kinda am) worried about Peyton Reed directing the 2nd one, due to the fact that I believe the 1st one did ride the coattails of Edgar Wright's ideas at least a bit, but I loved the new trailer that came out for the sequel and it does look like they're doing a great job of using the shrinking/growing gimmick in the action. The humor is looking on point too (Michael Peña wins everything), and Wasp and Ghost.... damn, what a badass duo of ladies there. Also really looking forward to seeing both the quantum realm, Michelle Pfeiffer as Janet and how they tie everything into Infinity War.

Wow, I'm actually looking more forward to this movie than I thought :P But yeah, it's still an Ant-Man sequel and I find it sad that Disney couldn't convince me to, anticipation-wise, proritize a Goddamn Star Wars film over it.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Totally agree, and I really liked the 1st one too. I was (and still kinda am) worried about Peyton Reed directing the 2nd one, due to the fact that I believe the 1st one did ride the coattails of Edgar Wright's ideas at least a bit, but I loved the new trailer that came out for the sequel and it does look like they're doing a great job of using the shrinking/growing gimmick in the action. The humor is looking on point too (Michael Peña wins everything), and Wasp and Ghost.... damn, what a badass duo of ladies there. Also really looking forward to seeing both the quantum realm, Michelle Pfeiffer as Janet and how they tie everything into Infinity War.

Wow, I'm actually looking more forward to this movie than I thought :P But yeah, it's still an Ant-Man sequel and I find it sad that Disney couldn't convince me to, anticipation-wise, proritize a Goddamn Star Wars film over it.

Yeah. People can talk about TLJ all they want but the real reason Solo flopped is the terrible marketing campaign by Disney. I've said before: it was worse than the John Carter marketing. 

I think the only place we disagree is I don't really care to see how Ant Man 2 connects to IW or not. But the rest? Yeah I love Michael Pena, Im excited to see the Wasp in action, I like Ghost, and I'm intrigued by the quantum realm.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Yeah. People can talk about TLJ all they want but the real reason Solo flopped is the terrible marketing campaign by Disney. I've said before: it was worse than the John Carter marketing. 

I will second this.  I just got out of Solo.  It's better than the trailers lead on. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I agree with this.  I expected a 5/10 from the trailers and instead I got a 6/10.

I will also second this.  I might've even given it a 7/10 if Bradford Young knew how to do his god damn job.  What a dark, ugly movie to look it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I think the only place we disagree is I don't really care to see how Ant Man 2 connects to IW or not. But the rest? Yeah I love Michael Pena, Im excited to see the Wasp in action, I like Ghost, and I'm intrigued by the quantum realm.

It’s a combination of reasons 

If if it was just TLJ backlash or lack of interest then it would just be doing average numbers 

both of these things combined are what are causing the shitting horrible numbers we have now 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

Do we still have to pretend that Deadpool 2's box office run is fine and that they didn't screw up their release or 

Its box office run is fine. Most people expected a drop off. 300 from 360 isn't some catastrophic one, nor is it if it drops 100 or so WW. Put in other words: it's no TLJ. 

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Its box office run is fine. Most people expected a drop off. 300 from 360 isn't some catastrophic one, nor is it if it drops 100 or so WW. Put in other words: it's no TLJ. 

It's not making to $300m.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

But won't it lose money at the box office?:Venom:

48 minutes ago, REC said:

You really don't understand anything about star wars do you?

He actually seems to understand everything about it unlike the fanboys posting here with their delusional rants.

5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

It's not making to $300m.

Maybe not, but close enough. 285 should at least happen. 20% drop from the first isn't awful, especially since the first was such a novelty thing. Could have been a lot worse. 

JJ will throw against the wall 15 mystery boxes questions in Episode 9 that will be answered in the James Mangold Boba Fett movie.

The Feige himself will be jealous when we will see this unfold.

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Maybe not, but close enough. 285 should at least happen. 20% drop from the first isn't awful, especially since the first was such a novelty thing. Could have been a lot worse. 

On top of that, Deadpool 2 has competition that the first didn't have.

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Think how much worse things woulda been if that Celine video hadn't come out and added 200M WW

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1