Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

actually now the memory is coming back to me and i do recall at the midnight showing continuously booing with no pause for breath everytime there were no white guys in the frame.

When Boyega took off his helmet in TFA, I was in tears. I stood up and shouted: "Why is the new Star Wars so political??".

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

FB2 over IX WW is definitely a possibility. Odds still in IX's favor, but not by much. 

If we are talking about HP 1-8 releasing today accounting for current inflation and market expansion in the developing world, I'd have no problem betting on any of them out grossing EP9.

FB is not HP though, not sure if I have as much faith as of yet, we'll how this upcoming one do.

Edited by NCsoft

3 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Don't give @IronJimbo a heart attack. :jeb!: Though SOLO proves that any franchise other than MCU is vulnerable, that includes the so-called James Cameron cinematic universe or whatever you wanna call it.  

There's too much pent-up demand for Avatar 2 for it to pull a Solo, $3B is a floor. 

3 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

was anyone able to pick up on what film is holding the majority of the double feature drive in showings with Solo: Star Wars?

The two drive ins closest to me are both showing Solo & AIW double features.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AJG said:

If you want to watch a movie that is the absolute definition of mediocrity then I recommend you go see Solo.

It’s a fascinating experiment showcasing just how mundane a movie can be.

You need to see more movies.

(also...how can something be more generic among recent big budget blockbusters than JL or the fiber supplement of spandex?)

5 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Agree, it's an incredible film, one of his best, and definitely his most underrated. I'm resolving to rewatch it again this week (haven't seen it in several years). I was waiting for the blu-ray but Cameron can't be arsed for some reason.

Because he’s lazy. Honestly his hardcore fans around here put on more work than he does.

30 minutes ago, AJG said:

Its mad seeing how things are in regards to this aspect. Back when Will Smith’s Hitch came out the studio only cast Eva Mendes because they couldn’t have two black people fall in love.

And also at the same time not someone considered 100% a white woman by some old strange american standard to not create an issue with people having issue with a white woman getting with a black man, was a genius move.

Edited by Barnack

Just now, RRA said:

Because he’s lazy. Honestly his hardcore fans around here put on more work than he does.

The real reason is he wants to remaster, recut, and re-release it in theaters in 3D. Calling it.

• Like 1

just realized that aotc released on thursday and did 110 over 1st 4 days: 30.1 + 24.4 + 31.25 + 24.4 = 110.15

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=starwars2.htm

then added 192 more for 302 total (in the first release). 2.75x the 4-day is not legs you get these days and aotc competes with tpm as the least liked sw of it's time (and imo wins handily).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I could see the MCU having a Good Dinosaur situation. Movie with little hype and interest put in a crappy timeslot. Not likely but probably not something I can rule out. It's the only Pixar movie to flop in its theatrical run as far as I know. Though Good Dinosaur's inflated budget didn't help things.

"MCU having a Good Dinosaur situation" Not under KEVIN's watch. It happens only when KEVIN retires.

• Like 1

Just now, Pure Spirit said:

The real reason is he wants to remaster, recut, and re-release it in theaters in 3D. Calling it.

After the T2 3-D re-release flopped? Sadly I doubt it. 

1 minute ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

"MCU having a Good Dinosaur situation" Not under KEVIN's watch. It happens only when KEVIN retires.

Anyone can screw the pooch, even the Titans.

1 minute ago, A2k Raptor said:

just realized that aotc released on thursday and did 110 over 1st 4 days: 30.1 + 24.4 + 31.25 + 24.4 = 110.15

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=starwars2.htm

then added 192 more for 302 total (in the first release). 2.75x the 4-day is not legs you get these days and aotc competes with tpm as the least liked sw of it's time (and imo wins handily).

The Phantom Menace not beeing well-liked or having bad WOM during its run in 1999 is one of the biggest myths in film history. It didnt have these insane holds for no reason. People really liked TPM initially.

The backlash came later. AotC felt it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Why do we always need to talk about Kevin when it comes to saving failing franchises?

Icee what you did there