Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

Also, I want to thank Rthanos’s new sig for making it very clear where else it is acceptable to post his numbers (nowhere). Anyone who didn’t know that before, please take note.

• Like 3

Great numbers for all three movies (well, relatively with Solo)

The number for IW hopefully is not a typo.

6.8M Sun put FSS at 17.6M, a -40% drop from last weekend, which is good. 4-day weekend will be close to 23M.

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Also, I want to thank Rthanos’s new sig for making it very clear where else it is acceptable to post his numbers (nowhere). Anyone who didn’t know that before, please take note.

@Gitesh Pandya

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Is there a reason for that? No plans to post them anywhere, just wondering as I am new.

It also seems really misguided to put information in a public place and realistically expect it to stay there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

He is aware that people from other sites lurk in these threads every weekend, right? People quote Rth and the "experts" here more often than the trades.

2 minutes ago, Bobbybuilderton said:

Is there a reason for that? No plans to post them anywhere, just wondering as I am new.

It also seems really misguided to put information in a public place and realistically expect it to stay there.

To keep his identity anonymous. 

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The overseas rejection is honestly much more surprising to me than its domestic underperformance.

I am pretty sure that is not the main reason by far, but I saw just once a trailer for it in the cinema and nothing more. Not even a headline / title picture or however that is called, at the cinema websites where you advance buy tickets or reserve seats... usually the next big thing is the ~ decoration per headline pictures there and wrote in international about that a week ago or so. Others too wrote similar posts, but not al.

Maybe the soon exiting distribution boss (announced in March) was not fully concentrated anymore (he changed to his wife's company) or a micro-manager and as such leaves a not so good working department?

Again, if an impact, not the only reason

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Problem with that is, if you are not logged in you do not see the signature. So it wont sadly work for lurkers

@Water Bottle is there a possibility to make signatures 'see-able' for verified accounts?

Edited by terrestrial
twice a no is wrong

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

Star Wars is done. Hopefully this doesn't tarnish the first three films too much.

Now we can only hope the same fate befalls Marvel. 

"We"? Speak for yourself, please. :nudgewink:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I have signatures turned off (much too noisy) so good to know.

Not that I would re-post them anywhere else, but still...