Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

That's not the issue.  Of course everyone has the right to be disappointed it dropped 66%, I am disappointed as well.  But there's a difference between expressing disappointment and poisoning the well by saying the franchise is dead and toxic and so on.

People act like idiots when it comes to franchises!

1 minute ago, GOXOG said:

dont waste time argue with him and he said he will not post again if Solo WW<Deadpool 2 WW so you might not be annoyed anymore

That's not going to be true, that's for sure

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Deadpool 2 is no failure but fans have the right to feel disappointed that it is dropping 66% on a holiday weekend

Definately. I agree with you on that one. But declaring the franchise as a finished one is going a little bit overboard in my eyes.

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Deadpool 2 is no failure but fans have the right to feel disappointed that it is dropping 66% on a holiday weekend

Against a Star Wars movie. I'd consider that a win. :P

10 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

http://deadline.com/2018/05/solo-a-star-wars-weekend-box-office-1202397848/

83M 3 day, 101M 4 day for Solo

3rd Update Sunday AM:  Disney’s Solo: A Star Wars Story is crashing unfortunately with early morning industry estimates showing a three-day around $83.3M and possible four-day hopefully just over $101M. Disney will file their figures soon and we’ll update our report accordingly. The Solo stateside B.O. experience is reminiscent of Justice League, another fan movie that many had high hopes for heading into its weekend, only to see the film collapse.

using rth's sat

35.6+24.6+23.1(-6%)=83.3 + 17.7(-23%) = 101

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

You didn't say the chances of it reaching 300 are over, you said Deadpool is over.  Don't change what you said.  You say stupid shit all the time.

Dont twist my words. This is what  I said:

“Home coming was a family friendly movie. Deadpool is R-rated. It’s not comparable. It’s over for Deadpool!”

And this was a reply to your post which claimed that it might still reach 300M. So it’s pretty clear what I’m referring to when I said “it’s over” - reading comprehension is key!  

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

So Deadpool is the biggest superhero franchise for FOX and you think Disney will want to concentrate more on Fantastic Four and X-men?  Why?  Do I really need to post the grosses for all the X-men and FF movies?  The highest grossing FF four movie WW is 330 million and that came out 13 years ago.  

The highest grossing X-men movie not including Deadpool is Days of Future Past with 750 million and that was with a budget double of Deadpool.  Deadpool 2 is going to land in the 650-700 range world wide.  So there's no reason for Fox to want to get rid of Deadpool.  And if Wolverine and DP ever make a film together, it will do well also.  

Ff4 and the X-men have much bigger potential under the MCU than a different , MCU-like Deadpool. That’s my opinion and pointing past films, with fox mishandling the X-men and basically raping the ff4 won’t change that. The X-men under the MCU have unlimited potential , like close to avengers potential , and ff4 can be bigger than GOTG . Deadpool, even under Disney , should stay like it is now, an R-rated franchise with no real connection to the MCU.

• Like 2