Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

9 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

103.55 4-day for Solo using Rth's number. 2.2x the 4-day gives 228 dom (2.7x the 3-day) and probably the target for Solo.

O/U JL DOM? :ph34r:

Earlier I was thinking 250 was doable but I screwed up my math somehow and did not realize that would be a 3x multiplier. 

I was gonna make an AMATW OW > Solo 4-day club but now that it's looking like Solo won't miss 100 million for the four day I think that club would be destined to fail.

16 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

103.55 4-day for Solo using Rth's number. 2.2x the 4-day gives 228 dom (2.7x the 3-day) and probably the target for Solo.

What if it does exactly 229,024,295 :ph34r:

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

Instead of solo, the crowd decide to go back to IW, are you all still so sure IW won't break BP in total?

I really don’t think so. 

At least next week the films have some breathing room, Book Club could have another insane hold. 

20 minutes ago, Nova said:

No. If I had to estimate probably $650-$675M total depending on how Japan does. But that's an optimistic prediction. I'd prob have it around $640M 

About Japan no performance of Deadpool 2 Corpse from another bo forum worldofkj said this about Deadpool 2 bo in response about how well it would do in Japan:

Corpse: 

Deadpool performed well in the market for a Marvel/DC film, but it may have been due to the novelty factor and the increased awareness/buzz following its performance in the U.S. by the time it was released in Japan. The sequel should do fine, I'm expecting numbers a little lower than the original, so it won't come anywhere close to comparing to a Spider-Man or Avengers film.

17 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

You can check out some more posts right now!

Eh. Its more like, "You can check out some more posts.... RIGHT NOW"

When I first saw your profile I was like 'omg its grace' - the thing that gave it away was your profile says 'male'.

Edited by Tyrian
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, manny1234 said:

About Japan no performance of Deadpool 2 Corpse from another bo forum worldofkj said this about Deadpool 2 bo in response about how well it would do in Japan:

Corpse: 

Deadpool performed well in the market for a Marvel/DC film, but it may have been due to the novelty factor and the increased awareness/buzz following its performance in the U.S. by the time it was released in Japan. The sequel should do fine, I'm expecting numbers a little lower than the original, so it won't come anywhere close to comparing to a Spider-Man or Avengers film.

I wasn't expecting it to come close to Avengers/Spider-man :thinking: The first did $19M so why would the sequel do Avengers/SMH money lol 

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Who cares if it beats Justice League domestically? It's not like that's some difficult threshold to get past. It's not getting to 657mil worldwide though. 

It's a cop out to make Solo seem less of a bomb 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrian said:

Eh. Its more like, "You can check out some more posts.... RIGHT NOW"

When I first saw your profile I was like 'omg its grace' - the thing that gave it away was your profile says 'male'.

Who would be daft enough to believe a YouTube box office nerd would post in a box office forum? Everyone knows YouTuber creators don't visit other websites.

7 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Who cares if it beats Justice League domestically? It's not like that's some difficult threshold to get past. It's not getting to 657mil worldwide though. 

Because it'd be funny if it doesn't. Or funny if it does? Part of the fun of bombs is to compare them to other movies (and bombs).

> The Episode IX teaser drops.
> Towards the end, Luke is revealed, alive
> He force-pulls a Star Destroyer out of space and crashes it into a planet
There you go, Disney, I just saved your franchise with my hackjob idea I came up with in 5 seconds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

> The Episode IX teaser drops.
> Towards the end, Luke is revealed, alive
> He force-pulls a Star Destroyer out of space and crashes it into a planet
There you go, Disney, I just saved your franchise with my hackjob idea I came up with in 5 seconds.

The problem of this franchise in a nutshell.

Quote some of the old stuff, make it a bit more epic, a bit more modern and throw it at as many screens as possible.

This will work a bit longer for the "Episodes" than the spin-offs. But nor for long.