Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

31 minutes ago, pepsa said:

But then you have a subjective discution about when you said it, if it did the worst case (obviously not), so many things are unpredictible and even the laws of gravity don't have a probability of 100%. So this is fully subjective and makes no sense to debate. 

I do agree with you guys that we don't know for sure that it will cross 2B at this point. But that is not what I was argueing.

We are not talking probability but people claiming that it’s happening no matter what. Basically claiming it as a fact. It’s comparable to someone saying that the grass is green.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

Im with you Baumer. Ocean's 8 is gonna be a surprise 

I also agree with @baumer.  

I think bias and taste are also playing a factor.  Ocean's 8 isn't exactly tailored for a majority of the board's demo.  

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

I also agree with @baumer.  

I think bias and taste are also playing a factor.  Ocean's 8 isn't exactly tailored for a majority of the board's demo.  

Hence why they feel like there is no marketing for it but I know my fiancé and her group of friends are extremely excited for it. Which makes sense as I feel like that's Ocean's 8 target demo. 

I was hoping to tag along to watch it on Thursday night with her but was told "We already have plans. It's a girls night out." 

:kitschjob:

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

I mean, it's Sandra Bullock in a tent-pole.  She's been gone for three years, but look at her last few films that were major studio films.  I'm not going to include the abhorrent Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close because it was just plain awful.

Minions (voice only but she was prominent in the marketing): 336

Gravity:  274

The Heat:  159

The Blindside:  255

All About Steve:  33 (horrible movie and she even showed up to accept her Razzie)

The Proposal:  164

What do all of her successes have in common?  Easy.  Great films first of all and second she has terrific co-stars.  Ocean's 8 should be a fine movie, I'm assuming anyway.  And she has Cate Blanchett and Anne Hathaway to share the spotlight with.

O8 is going to be huge.  No doubt in my mind.

Sandra Bullock is one of those actresses who I think has that box office draw power that this forum always likes to talk about. Which factors into why I believe Ocean's will do well. And based on early social media reactions, the movie sounds good. 

• Like 1

People are Star Warsed out at the moment, but Marvel is hot. Let's take advantage of that. Move Captain Marvel to A4's spot and move A4 to Episode 9’a date. The biggest competition CM would have is Detective Pikacu, John Wick Chapter 3, Aladdin, and Minecraft. Speaking of Aladdin, move it to October 6 as family friendly counter-programming against It: Chapter Two.  Avengers 4 might not break an opening record but would leg out  better than A:IW due to the Holiday season.

Spiderman 2 moves February 5, 2020, against a Warner Event film (which would either move or bomb) and Peter Rabbit 2 . Give Episode IX a May 1, 2020 release date. 

Edited by John Marston
  • Disbelief 1

O8 is breaking out for sure. Solow is weak, Adrift is targeting different audience, Hereditary won't be GO or AQP. It's in perfect position to go big plus is counter-programming to I2 and JW2 so it shouldn't be hit hard by them. 

@John Marston

People are Star Warsed out at the moment, but Marvel is hot.

People are Star Warsed not because of frequency of release (didn't hurt MCU did it?) but because of what's in the movies. They don't like the content and yet we are still getting most ridiculous WWW spins such as fatigue, CursedMemorialDay and the latest gem "hot weather in Europe" (this came after the Memorial Day Blame embarrassment since it has nothing to do with OS debacle). 

Edited by Valonqar

29 minutes ago, Nova said:

Hence why they feel like there is no marketing for it but I know my fiancé and her group of friends are extremely excited for it. Which makes sense as I feel like that's Ocean's 8 target demo. 

I was hoping to tag along to watch it on Thursday night with her but was told "We already have plans. It's a girls night out." 

:kitschjob:

Maybe you can go and sit by yourself?

7 hours ago, ShouldIBeHere said:

The bomb is deserved for the pansexual crap alone. Either have the balls to show Lando as pansexual or leave it. Put up or shut up.

This was fake news though. A journalist asked one of the the writers if the cool and hip Lando could be pansexual, so naturally he answered, sure why not. Meaning countless of clickbait headlines all over.

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

People are Star Warsed out at the moment, but Marvel is hot. Let's take advantage of that. Move Captain Marvel to A4's spot and move A4 to Episode 9’a date. The biggest competition CM would have is Detective Pikacu, John Wick Chapter 3, Aladdin, and Minecraft. Speaking of Aladdin, move it to October 6 as family friendly counter-programming against It: Chapter Two.  Avengers 4 might not break an opening record but would leg out  better than A:IW due to the Holiday season.

Spiderman 2 moves February 5, 2020, against a Warner Event film (which would either move or bomb) and Peter Rabbit 2 . Give Episode IX a May 1, 2020 release date. 

Lol u copied it from reddit - 

Or are you this user asking for non nudes lol. 

Anyways why would sony agree to push their Spiderman movie to the year after away from prime summer spot? And if SMH2 doesnt move then no other MCU movie can move

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Lol u copied it from reddit - 

Or are you this user asking for non nudes lol. 

Anyways why would sony agree to push their Spiderman movie to the year after away from prime summer spot? And if SMH2 doesnt move then no other MCU movie can move

i knew you were a redditor

Just now, IronJimbo said:

I don't buy the meme that people are Star Wars'd out.

if they were to reboot it right now and put talent in charge they would be fine

I agree but they are Avatar starved though.