Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

That's not how this works! (hans solo quote)

PERSON1: Heads or Tails

PERSON2: Heads is locked...

*flips coin*

PERSON2: see!

Well tbf Chance is alway 1 or 0, so the it is or it isn't.

What you are describing i probability. If you say 2b is locked and it gets to 2B it is 1 not 0. 

With saying it's lock you say it will atleast get there, so once it reaches that number you were correct.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Well tbf Chance is alway 1 or 0, so the it is or it isn't.

What you are describing i probability. If you say 2b is locked and it gets to 2B it is 1 not 0. 

With saying it's lock you say it will atleast get there, so once it reaches that number you were correct.

what are you on about lol

if the coin you were about to flip had heads on both sides, then and only then could you call it locked beforehand

Just now, Valonqar said:

Does anyone know when JW2 starts rolling in OS? I'm much more interested in Solo drop there cause I see that US will save its face somewhat. 

it comes out on the 6th here.

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Does anyone know when JW2 starts rolling in OS? I'm much more interested in Solo drop there cause I see that US will save its face somewhat. 

In most countries it's June 6th, 7th and 8th. France, UK and Germany get it on the 6th, so that's bad news for Solo.

23 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

what are you on about lol

if the coin you were about to flip had heads on both sides, then and only then could you call it locked beforehand

You know maths right? People saying you have 20% chance are wrong. Chance is always 1 or 0. It's like saying a coin flip. It will be either 0 head = no head or 1 head = head. It can't be 0.5 head, when you go in to saying 50% you are talking about probability. Same with flipping a coin 1000 times, and pick any number of heads 1 -2 -50 - 100 -180 - 260 - 514 - 712 - 1000. On any of these numbers it will be either 1 or 0 either it will be x amount of heads or it won't. Just like either it will get to or over 2B or it won't there is no in-between.

Edited by pepsa

35 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Why Ocean's 8? They couldn't find 11 decent actresses that would go along with each other on the same set?

They didn’t have 11, 12 or 13 “decent” actors in the first three so 

:insane:

plus I’m guessing its 8, 9 and 10. 

2 minutes ago, pepsa said:

You know math right? People saying you have 20% chance are wrong. Chance is always 1 or 0. It's like saying a coin flip. It will be either 0 head = no head or 1 head = head. It can't be 0.5 head, when you go in to saying 50% you are talking about probability. Same with flipping a coin 1000 times, and pick any number of heads 1 -2 -50 - 100 -180 - 260 - 514 - 712 - 1000. On any of these numbers it will be either 1 or 0 either it will be x amount of heads or it won't. Just like either it will get to or over 2B or it won't there is no in-between.

Saying it’s locked to do 2B means that under no circumstances will it miss that threshold. That’s no longer the case anymore.

7 minutes ago, pepsa said:

You know maths right? People saying you have 20% chance are wrong. Chance is always 1 or 0. It's like saying a coin flip. It will be either 0 head = no head or 1 head = head. It can't be 0.5 head, when you go in to saying 50% you are talking about probability. Same with flipping a coin 1000 times, and pick any number of heads 1 -2 -50 - 100 -180 - 260 - 514 - 712 - 1000. On any of these numbers it will be either 1 or 0 either it will be x amount of heads or it won't. Just like either it will get to or over 2B or it won't there is no in-between.

@IronJimbo only gets maths when it's told in Avatarian terms. 0.5A, 0.009A etc. Describe it that way.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, pepsa said:

In English chance and probability mean the same thing, perhaps this is the source of the confusion?

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

I think people on here should stop butchering the word locked by using it so early...

same goes for box office reddit a comment that said "$2b is locked" had 60 upvotes! That's 60 people who thought it was locked, shameful.

Whatever, 2 billion was locked for me from early on and I havent changed my stance one bit even after many people did and I have kept  saying it in the international thread. It’s not our fault that Disney keeps underestimating this both os and domestic and then the actuals come ever so slightly higher to ensure 2 billion. This started at 1.904 after the first weekend estimates and will end with 1.911 with the actuals and at the stage that it is these few extra million are a big deal.