CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

while the weak minded watch jurassic world fallen kingdom this weekend i have just watched Set It Up a second time!

It's technically a TV movie right? Emmy for Powell. Where is the campaign?

Just now, aabattery said:

It's technically a TV movie right? Emmy for Powell. Where is the campaign?

it would be for next year's emmys, which is good because set it up will have grown into a global phenomenon by then. it's a slow burner.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That was when he retired from the admin team. He continued to post for almost another four months after that.

Yeah but there have been two Marvel OW during that time.

How often did Tele post in the weekend threads?

I mean since its a Marvel thing.

I don't think he wanted to debate box office records endlessly.

That wasn't his thing. He loved movies and joking around with certain people. 

But overall this is a box office forum. And box office forums aren't dominated by Black Swan making 50 m or whatever.

16 minutes ago, baumer said:

#NotmyJurassicmovie

I unfortunately did not care for it all that much. It has more to do with some of the things that I don't like in life. But to me this was more of a horror movie then it was a fun Jurassic Park movie. It had none of the charm of the original and none of the fun and the levity of Jurassic World. It was just a movie that wasn't very fun to sit through. It was more like watching a crossover between Last House on the Left and EARTHLINGS.

6/10

I liked the film but I wonder if hiring JA Bayona who normally is a great director was a mistake and perhaps why they've asked Trevorrow to direct the third film. 

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I liked the film but I wonder if hiring JA Bayona who normally is a great director was a mistake and perhaps why they've asked Trevorrow to direct the third film. 

The only mistake is Trevorrow's screenplay...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Not to get all masturbatory but I believe this illustrates the difference between a fun casual aside and trying way too hard quite well.

if i ever posted in that "sum up a users entire set of posts" thread for that one guy it'd have to be - *sees a joke* "oh, what if this but annoying"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The mistake is letting Treverrow write these movies and they're repeating it. 

This a multi billion $ franchise - they can do better but for some reason are content to Transformers it when it comes to writing - just insert dinos for robots

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The mistake is letting Treverrow write these movies and they're repeating it. 

This a multi billion $ franchise - they can do better but for some reason are content to Transformers it when it comes to writing - just insert dinos for robots

I think Universal and Amblin are too risk averse to shake things up and I suspect after JW3, the series will go into hibernation again. 

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i really recall black swan was talked about a lot back on BOM in the day. for what it was that movie had kinda a crazy run.

It might be the most "out there" movie to ever cross $100M for sure.