CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

6 minutes ago, POTUS said:

that 500m increase is all from inflation and china growth since 2012. 

It sold the same amount of tickets WW-China.

CBO has grown 400% since 2012, so did TA to IW.  Its technically flat.

That’s simply not true. 

Aside from different in exchange rates, unlike US, many countries actually track BO both in monetary gross and admissions. We have actual figures in several countries where admissions increase (some substantially) going from TA to IW.

And how does BO growth in China over the years means IW is staying flat from TA? That doesn’t make any sense.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Infinity War at number 1? I see your treachery knows no bounds good sir. I will not stand for this heresy of the highest order! 

What was I talking about again? 

I'm not as anti Marvel as you think.  I fucking loved Iron Man, Winter Soldier and Avengers.  I just don't like a lot of what they put out as well.  But IW was so bad ass.....loved it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Everything about RT is flawed.   82% of the critics are white males.  Bunch of dudes in an echo chamber. 

I'm amazed how liberals love to project their ways.

You're the echo chamber. white males white males  white males ........

Critics on RT are old and young, traditional news outlets and internet bloggers. from the coasts and the flyover.

You're saying a 25 year old online critic from NY is the same as a 70 year old from the Kansas City Star?

Please

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

You know a weekend topic has turned to crap when people start listing movies in it...

You know it's a boring wknd when it's Saturday already but the wknd thread title still only contains the previews number.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Nah, something always surprises...I think there are a few movies, some even original/"premiere" concepts, that if they pull off a great marketing campaign (to go with their 1st good trailers) and they "have the goods" quality wise, could still get to $100M OW this year...

Does any live action original/premiere concept ever got any close to 100m OW ? 

There is surprise movies, but surprise OW are rarer, specially anything like a 100m. American Sniper would probably be the closest using limited release to build hype before going wide.

43 minutes ago, spectroul said:

I agree. However they have the opportunity to create a great hook for JW3... let's see with they'll do things right, I have a feeling that Sam Neil and Laura Dern are returning for the last movie (they've been interacting a lot with the jurassic fans lately and Colin Trevorrow and Jeff Goldblum mentioned them multiple times during the JWFK press tour).

Who says the 3rd will be the last though. I thought they already had plans for 2 more 

Top Movies this year:   

1) Infinity War    

Gap

2) Black Panther  

3) Incredibles 2   

Gap

4) Deadpool 2

I guess technically some other movies came out this year but I made like the GA and didn’t watch them in theaters :Venom: 

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

for everyone talking about RT or Cinema Scores, that's a terrible thing to do prior to watching a film. if a film trailer gets your attention enough to want to watch it because you think it looks good, seeing that score is going to bias your opinion.

try watching the movie first, give your opinion if you like it or not, then check its rt score. 

honestly, i've been doing it like this for months, and you'll be surprised at how much you'll enjoy a movie.

• Like 3

3RD UPDATE, Saturday AM: Universal/Amblin’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom continues to improve, now looking at a $58.4M Friday –including last night’s $15.3M previews– and a $145.6M opening ahead of its projections and putting the dinosaur movie on better footing toward a $1 billion worldwide end game. That’s projecting that the sequel does around a 2.5 multiple for $300M stateside, with $500M from overseas and $200M from China, and the feeling is currently that is quite do-able.

not a bad increase from early estimates. Also not bad legs from its Thursday shows. Probably a solid few days ahead for it.

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 10
  • Disbelief 1