CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

We don’t have much and that’s the only one we’ve got that represents paying customers who’ve actually seen the film without agendas. 

It doesn't indicate a bad reaction. 

I highly doubt anyone has agendas over/about JW:FK.

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Damn guys, Solo was FUN. Well, not the first act, but the rest of the movie is FUN.

Also, the next JW show isn't for at least another 45 minutes yet the line is fucking massive 😮

Its kinda like...the walk-up-friendly movie has...walk-ups :qotd:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Just sitting down to see JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM. My theatre is PACKED for the FK/I2 double whammy.

Wow they're doing a FK/I2 double feature, or do you just mean both films are selling really well? 

35 minutes ago, FTF said:

Wow they're doing a FK/I2 double feature, or do you just mean both films are selling really well? 

Oh no, not a double feature. Just referring to how busy the entire theatre is in general this weekend - today especially - with these two big movies out. Tons of people are either seeing FK or I2. At least here neither film is losing its audience.

• Like 2

@WrathOfHan missed last week so here you go:

13x:

Mission: Impossible – Fallout: Black Panther, Annihilation, Ready Player One, Black Panther Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War, A Quiet Place, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3, Deadpool 2, Book Club, Action Point, Adrift, Ocean’s 8, Deadpool 2 Round 2

10x:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4, Black Panther, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Black Panther Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3

Incredibles 2: Coco, Coco Round 3, Coco Round 4, Coco Round 5, Paddington 2, Coco Round 6, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3

9x:

The Grinch: Isle of Dogs, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Deadpool 2, Show Dogs, Ocean’s 8, Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3

8x:

Sicario: Day of the Soldado: All the Money in the World, The Post, The Commuter, Annihilation, Unsane, A Quiet Place, Deadpool 2, Deadpool 2 Round 2

Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Early Man, Peter Rabbit, A Wrinkle in Time, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Show Dogs, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3

Christopher Robin: A Wrinkle in Time, Love, Simon, Isle of Dogs, Book Club, Show Dogs, Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3

The Darkest Minds: Blockers, A Quiet Place, Tully, Deadpool 2, Action Point, Adrift, Hereditary, Deadpool 2 Round 2

7x:

Venom: Black Panther, Game Night, Black Panther Round 2, Blockers, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3

6x:

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again!: The Post, Love, Simon, Tully, Book Club, Adrift, Ocean’s 8

5x:

Alpha: Dunkirk Round 2, Geostorm, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Last Flag Flying

Smallfoot: Paddington 2, Early Man, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2, Round 3

4x:

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: Peter Rabbit, Love, Simon, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Ready Player One

Tag: Unsane, A Quiet Place, Tully, Action Point

Teen Titans Go! To The Movies!: Paddington 2, Peter Rabbit, Show Dogs, Incredibles 2

Searching: Book Club, Adrift, Hotel Artemis, Hereditary

3x:

Alita: Battle Angel: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4

Mortal Engines: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, The Commuter, A Wrinkle in Time

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Black Panther, Game Night Round 2, Black Panther Round 2

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: Ready Player One, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2

Can You Ever Forgive Me?: Unsane, Isle of Dogs, Book Club

Crazy Rich Asians: Adrift, Hotel Artemis, Ocean’s 8

Dog Days: Show Dogs, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3

Bumblebee: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3

Sorry to Bother You: Blockers, Deadpool 2, Deadpool 2 Round 2

The First Purge: Deadpool 2, Hereditary, Deadpool 2 Round 2

The Meg: Deadpool 2, Hereditary, Deadpool 2 Round 2

2x:

Polaroid: Wind River, Happy Death Day

The New Mutants: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2

Eighth Grade: Love, Simon, Isle of Dogs

Uncle Drew: Black Panther Round 2, Deadpool 2

Skyscraper: Pacific Rim: Uprising, Action Point

Bad Times at the El Royale: Hotel Artemis, Ocean’s 8

A-X-L: Show Dogs, Incredibles 2

Bohemian Rhapsody: Deadpool 2, Deadpool 2 Round 2

The Happytime Murders: Action Point, Superfly

1x:

The Current War: Wind River

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: The Greatest Showman

Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Early Man

Mary Poppins Returns: A Wrinkle in Time

Night School: Blockers

Blindspotting: Tully

Johnny English Strikes Again: Tully

Superfly: Action Point

A Simple Favor: Adrift

Mile 22: Adrift

Peppermint: Adrift

City of Lies: Hotel Artemis

Operation Finale: Ocean’s 8

The Spy Who Dumped Me: Ocean’s 8

The Girl in the Spider’s Web: Ocean’s 8

A Star is Born: Ocean’s 8

Widows: Superfly

The Nun: Superfly

White Boy Rick: Superfly

The Equalizer 2: Superfly

• Like 1

Fun Fact: The Lost World's Friday-Sunday portion of its Memorial Day OW was 143M adjusted for inflation. So far the JW trilogy kinda mirrors the JP trilogy in that regard.

....And before you ask no i dont think JW3 will face the same fate as JP3 :lol:

• Like 3

@Blankments I got Ocean's 8 and Incredibles 2 from the grave today at Solo :jeb!: 

9:

Sicario: Day of the Soldado (All the Money in the World, Molly’s Game, The Commuter, Phantom Thread, Annihilation, Red Sparrow, Unsane, A Quiet Place, Upgrade)

8:

Mission: Impossible – Fallout (Black Panther, Annihilation, A Quiet Place, Avengers: Infinity War, Ready Player One, Breaking In, Upgrade, Hereditary)

6:

Alpha (Hitman’s Bodyguard, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok, Downsizing, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Isle of Dogs)

The Darkest Minds (A Quiet Place, Ready Player One, Blockers, Breaking In, Upgrade, Hereditary)

5:

Ant-Man and the Wasp (Black Panther, Rampage, Deadpool 2, Upgrade, Solo: A Star Wars Story)

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Black Panther, Rampage, Avengers: Infinity War, Deadpool 2)

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (The Greatest Showman, The Post, Love, Simon, Breaking In, Ocean’s 😎

4:

Venom (Black Panther, Game Night, Blockers, Deadpool 2)

3:

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Love, Simon, Ready Player One, Deadpool 2)

2:

Alita: Battle Angel (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle)

Can You Ever Forgive Me? (Unsane, Isle of Dogs)

Dr. Suess’ The Grinch (Isle of Dogs, Incredibles 2)

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Isle of Dogs, Avengers: Infinity War)

The First Purge (Upgrade, Hereditary)

The Meg (Upgrade, Hereditary)

Night School (Blockers, Breaking In)

Polaroid (Wind River, mother!)

1:

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? (Isle of Dogs)

Spoiler

BlacKkKlansman (Upgrade)

Bumblebee (Incredibles 2)

The Current War (Wind River)

Dog Days (Incredibles 2)

Duck Duck Goose (The LEGO Ninjago Movie)

Eighth Grade (Isle of Dogs)

The Equalizer 2 (Solo: A Star Wars Story)

The Girl in the Spider’s Web (Ocean’s 😎

The House with a Clock in Its Walls (Ready Player One)

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Incredibles 2)

Kin (Hereditary)

The Little Stranger (Hereditary)

Mortal Engines (The Commuter)

The New Mutants (Thor: Ragnarok)

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (The Greatest Showman)

Peppermint (Ocean’s 😎

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 (Incredibles 2)

Searching (Hereditary)

Skyscraper (Rampage)

Smallfoot (Coco)

The Spy Who Dumped Me (Ready Player One)

A Star Is Born (Ocean’s 😎

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies (Rampage)

Uncle Drew (Annihilation)

Unfriended: Dark Web (Upgrade)

Widows (Ocean’s 😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

I was really hyped for Sicario 2 like 2 months ago...but now it has kinda faded. Will probably still see it in theaters though.

Yeah, my hype has gone down a bit. The last 90 second trailer felt pretty pointless. The ok reviews aren't helping either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, my hype has gone down a bit. The last 90 second trailer felt pretty pointless. The ok reviews aren't helping either.

The first one is such a great suspense thriller and drama film at the same time and i fear they might have turned the sequel into a more generic action thriller.

• Like 1

More BO trivia: Currently, 2018 has three of the highest unadjusted weekend grosses of all time:

1 Apr. 27–29, 2018 17 $305,739,646 28,818 $10,609 2 Avengers: Infinity War $257,698,183 84.3%
2 Dec. 18–20, 2015 51 $305,556,314 26,686 $11,450 5 Star Wars: The Force Awakens $247,966,675 81.2%
3 Dec. 25–27, 2015 52 $281,194,490 29,869 $9,414 5 Star Wars: The Force Awakens $149,202,860 53.1%
4 Feb. 16–18, 2018 7 $270,963,945 28,412 $9,537 3 Black Panther $202,003,951 74.6%
5 Dec. 15–17, 2017 50 $270,627,873 27,119 $9,979 2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi $220,009,584 81.3%
6 Jun. 12–14, 2015 24 $267,838,931 29,495 $9,081 1 Jurassic World $208,806,270 78.0%
7 Jun. 15–17, 2018 24 $261,892,693 30,115 $8,696 5 Incredibles 2 $182,687,905 69.8%
8 Dec. 25–27, 2009 52 $259,901,856 29,807 $8,719 4 Avatar $75,617,183 29.1%
9 Jul. 18–20, 2008 29 $253,586,871 32,822 $7,726 3 The Dark Knight $158,411,483 62.5%
10 Mar. 17–19, 2017 11 $253,491,180 26,607 $9,527 2 Beauty and the Beast $174,750,616 68.9%

This weekend will make that 4 and thus 2018 will surpass 2015 as the year with the most Top 10-overall weekend grosses.

Edited by Brainbug