baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

@WrathOfHantrailer stalks and shit

Spoiler
  1. Mission: Impossible - Fallout (12)
  2. Adrift (7)
  3. Solo: A Star Wars Story (7)
  4. Ant-Man and the Wasp (7)
  5. Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (7)
  6. A Quiet Place (7)
  7. A Wrinkle in Time (6)
  8. Blumhouse's Truth or Dare (6)
  9. Crazy Rich Asians (5)
  10. The Spy Who Dumped Me (5)
  11. Action Point (5)
  12. Tag (5)
  13. Uncle Drew (5)
  14. Rampage (5)
  15. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (5)
  16. Tully (5)
  17. The 15:17 to Paris (5)
  18. Smallfoot (5)
  19. Sicario: Day of the Soldado (5)
  20. Life of the Party (4)
  21. Ocean's 8 (4)
  22. Book Club (4)
  23. I Feel Pretty (4)
  24. Hereditary (4)
  25. Overboard (4)
  26. Ready Player One (4)
  27. Winchester (4)
  28. Red Sparrow (4)
  29. Mary Poppins Returns (3)
  30. Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (3)
  31. Sherlock Gnomes (3)
  32. The Incredibles 2 (3)
  33. Love, Simon (3)
  34. Tyler Perry's Acrimony (3)
  35. Annihilation (3)
  36. Pacific Rim Uprising (3)
  37. Blockers (3)
  38. Dog Days (2)
  39. The Meg (2)
  40. Eighth Grade (2)
  41. The First Purge (2)
  42. Night School (2)
  43. Won't You Be My Neighbor? (2)
  44. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2)
  45. Avengers: Infinity War (2)
  46. The House with a Clock in Its Walls (2)
  47. Skyscraper (2)
  48. Venom (2)
  49. Deadpool 2 (2)
  50. Christopher Robin (2)
  51. God's Not Dead: A Light in Darkness (2)
  52. The Hurricane Heist (2)
  53. Teen Titans Go! to the Movies (2)
  54. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2)
  55. The Miracle Season (2)
  56. Isle of Dogs (2)
  57. Lean on Pete (2)
  58. Fifty Shades Freed (2)
  59. Death Wish (2)
  60. Unfriended: Dark Web (1)
  61. BlacKkKlansman (1)
  62. A Simple Favor (1)
  63. Mowgli (1)
  64. Robin Hood (1)
  65. Bohemian Rhapsody (1)
  66. The Predator (1)
  67. Searching (1)
  68. Johnny English Strikes Again (1)
  69. Blindspotting (1)
  70. Hotel Artemis (1)
  71. The Darkest Minds (1)
  72. Little Women (1)
  73. Unbroken: Path to Redemption (1)
  74. Breaking In (1)
  75. Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 (1)
  76. Sorry to Bother You (1)
  77. Traffik (1)
  78. Beirut (1)
  79. Disobedience (1)
  80. Dr. Seuss' The Grinch (1)
  81. Tomb Raider (1)
  82. Midnight Sun (1)
  83. I Can Only Imagine (1)
  84. Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie (1)
  85. The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (1)
  86. Early Man (1)
  87. The Strangers: Prey at Night (1)
  88. Unsane (1)
  89. Slender Man (1)
  90. A Fantastic Woman (1)
  91. Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool (1)
  92. Every Day (1)
  93. Alita: Battle Angel (1)
  94. 7 Days in Entebbe (1)
  95. Gemini (1)
  96. Thoroughbreds (1)
  97. Mortal Engines (1)
  98. Pandas (1)
  99. The New Mutants (1)
  100. Proud Mary (1)
  101. Black Panther (1)
  102. Game Night (1)
  103. 12 Strong (1)
  104. The Post (1)
  105. The Commuter (1)

• Thanks 1

@Blankments @That One Guy

8:

Sicario: Day of the Soldado (All the Money in the World, Molly’s Game, The Commuter, Phantom Thread, Annihilation, Red Sparrow, Unsane, A Quiet Place)

6:

Alpha (Hitman’s Bodyguard, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok, Downsizing, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Isle of Dogs)

Mission: Impossible – Fallout (Black Panther, Annihilation, A Quiet Place, Avengers: Infinity War, Ready Player One, Breaking In)

5:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Black Panther, Rampage, Avengers: Infinity War, Deadpool 2)

4:

The Darkest Minds (A Quiet Place, Ready Player One, Blockers, Breaking In)

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (The Greatest Showman, The Post, Love, Simon, Breaking In)

Ocean’s 8 (The Greatest Showman, Game Night, Ready Player One, Breaking In)

Tag (Unsane, A Quiet Place, Ready Player One, Blockers)

Venom (Black Panther, Game Night, Blockers, Deadpool 2)

3:

Ant-Man and the Wasp (Black Panther, Rampage, Deadpool 2)

Hereditary (Annihilation, Unsane, A Quiet Place)

Incredibles 2 (Coco, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Avengers: Infinity War)

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Love, Simon, Ready Player One, Deadpool 2)

2:

Action Point (A Quiet Place, Blockers)

Alita: Battle Angel (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle)

Can You Ever Forgive Me? (Unsane, Isle of Dogs)

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Isle of Dogs, Avengers: Infinity War)

Night School (Blockers, Breaking In)

Polaroid (Wind River, mother!)

Upgrade (A Quiet Place, Blockers)

1:

Adrift (Breaking In)

Spoiler

The Current War (Wind River)

Dr. Suess’ The Grinch (Isle of Dogs)

Duck Duck Goose (The LEGO Ninjago Movie)

Eighth Grade (Isle of Dogs)

Hotel Artemis (Breaking In)

The House with a Clock in Its Walls (Ready Player One)

Mortal Engines (The Commuter)

The New Mutants (Thor: Ragnarok)

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (The Greatest Showman)

Skyscraper (Rampage)

Smallfoot (Coco)

The Spy Who Dumped Me (Ready Player One)

Superfly (Breaking In)

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies (Rampage)

Uncle Drew (Annihilation)

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? (Isle of Dogs)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Most likely MCU characters will appear in Deadpool films but I don't think we're gonna see Deadpool in an Avengers film or even an rebooted X-Men film anytime soon after the deal. 

28 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Yeah Deadpool will stay on his own, the character has reached his maximum bo 

potential (and exceeded it) and it would make no sense to change him or include him in the MCU. The X-men , on the other hand, are a completely different story.

I could see Feige try to have it both ways. Give him his own corner that’s separate from rest of the MCU while putting him in team-up films (hello Secret Wars) because of the novelty “See Wade* with the Avengers!” Selling card.

*=PG-13 Though And you know they would make a running joke out of that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

so yeah my aunt is currently in the hospital cuz she slipped naked and her coochie is bruised

You sure like to share stuff :P sometime back you also wrote that after having sex, your earlobes hurt of all places.

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Like other pointed out, even if it is hard it is easier to have some guess on how much profit a movie will make than how much of the profit a particular entity (here Fox) will make personally versus the others (it require guessing the profits and then guessing the revenues split).

Kinberg and Reynolds  must by quite expensive on this, but there is quite a special amount of profit made by those movies.

Any idea if Tim Miller is associated with DP2 and gonna get monies?

• Like 1

Deadpool 2 will make a fine profit. 

If the whole rule is still correct ( 50% from domestic grosses and 40% from overseas markets except for China ), then let's go.

Budget: 110 million

Let's imagine that Deadpool 2 ends with 300 million domestic and 400 million overseas.

50% of 300 = 150 million 

40% of 400 = 160 million

So, 150 + 160 = 310 million 

310 million - 110 million ( budget ) = 200 million. So, 200 million profit if my numbers are correct.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, A2k Rex said:

Any idea if Tim Miller is associated with DP2 and gonna get monies?

I am really unsure how common those pay or play deal (they do seem not uncommon) and if they include residual (I doubt it) or planned bonus (I also doubt it), you probably only keep your salary.

If that type of actor contract is common:

http://documents.routledge-interactive.s3.amazonaws.com/9781138775794/actor-agreement.docx

Seem to say that if you get pay or play:

1.    except if Actor has been made “pay-or-play” and thereafter Producer elects not to require Actor’s further services, Producer shall pay Actor the fixed compensation in accordance with the payment schedule set forth herein.  Any foregoing payments are subject to Producer's rights hereunder, at law and in equity, and shall be reduced by any amounts Actor earned or could have earned for Actor's services when Actor's services would have been required here­under.

You get removed from your pay the future payment you will have received.

Also say it like this:

1.    Compensation:  Subject to Paragraphs 7 and 11 hereof, and provided Producer elects to produce the Picture and Actor is not in material default hereunder, Producer shall pay Actor, in full consideration of Actor's services rendered, rights granted and representations, warranties and agreements made hereunder, the following compensation:

(a)  Fixed Compensation:  The sum of one-hundred thousand dollars ($100,000.00).  Should the Exclusive Period as described in Paragraph 2(a) above extend beyond 10 weeks plus two free weeks, overages will be calculated on the basis of $8,333.33 per week based on a five-day week.  This fixed compensation will be applicable against the contingent compensation set forth in subparagraph 3(b) below.

(b)  Contingent Compensation:  5% of 100% the Pictures Net Proceeds as Net Proceeds are defined in Appendix A.

(c)  Pay or Play:  Subject to the provisions of Paragraphs 7 and 11 below, Actor will become “pay or play” for the fixed compensation described in subparagraph 3(a) above upon commencement of principal photography.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

310 million - 110 million ( budget ) = 200 million. So, 200 million profit if my numbers are correct.

Your number you used are correct, but your missing many of them (not that it necessarily matter, your 200m profit estimate will probably end up real close)

You can look at deadline estimate of the first one to have a rough idea, it is not perfect but it is not bad in general:

According to them, Deadpool generated 647m in revenues and had 324m in cost for a 322.24m type of profits.

https://deadline.com/2017/04/deadpool-box-office-profit-2016-1202057182/

If deadpool do 300/400 and has a similar type of revenues / box office performance we could expect a 575m revenues type (I do not know if there is merchandise revenues with that franchise, if so could be more, but say there is none) with a near 375-400m cost (last one costed 325m according to deadline estimate, this one budget is apparently 60m higher but will pay a bit less residual, participation should be higher % but on less revenues).

So a 175m to 200m type of profit before merch if there is some, seem about right.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Your number you used are correct, but your missing many of them (not that it necessarily matter, your 200m profit estimate will probably end up real close)

You can look at deadline estimate of the first one to have a rough idea, it is not perfect but it is not bad in general:

According to them, Deadpool generated 647m in revenues and had 324m in cost for a 322.24m type of profits.

If deadpool do 300/400 and has a similar type of revenues / box office performance we could expect a 575m revenues type (I do not know if there is merchandise revenues with that franchise, if so could be more, but say there is none) with a near 375-400m cost (last one made 325, this one budget is apparently 60m higher but will pay a bit less residual, participation should be higher % but on less revenues).

So a 175m to 200m type of profit before merch if there is some, seem about right.

Thanks, Barnack! I really enjoy your posts. I'm always trying to learn more and more about how that stuff works. :)

Anyway, like you said, the thing is much more complex. So I tried to put it in a nutshell. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

Yup, it's one thing if it was September and this kept getting brought up but the movie is in theaters right now. So it is to be expected no matter how much it makes you feel upset 

I'm not upset on either one, I saw it on those movies OW too. Just pointing out hypocritical behavior, including the staff

(I actually thought SW would be more protected because it's fucking SW)

16 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

How does such an uneventful box office weekend end upwith 106 pages lol ...

Last weekend thread had 370+ pages. This weekend thread will end up with around 125-130. A fall of around 65%, not much different from Solo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Last weekend thread had 370+ pages. This weekend thread will end up with around 125-130. A fall of around 65%, not much different from Solo.

I hope next weekend's thread has a better hold.

• Haha 2

Adrift and Book Club both did really well at my theatre this weekend. Our equivalent of 23.5M and 28.9M respectively for their first weekends here. Being a senior town definitely helped, and I think Adrift’s exposure on Infinity War maybe helped a bit for that one too.

@baumer saw both of these today. At least 2 really good and enjoyable films are getting the audience they deserve somewhere 

• Like 1