baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

8 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

You mean like A Quiet Place making nearly $400m on a $17m budget?

I was hoping you were actually Grace so I could mock you more often.  

Thats a very rare case. And 400m is not enough to make an impact. Its simply to small of a number when compared to movies that do 800+m. Also AQP was terrible with far to many plot holes. 

Grace makes money of what you do for free. She mocks you with her paycheck. 

• ...wtf 3

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i think because she's like the only popular-ish youtuber who does box office videos and a fair few people here love all those idiot film critic youtubers.

They should watch Screen Junkies instead, though admittedly they don't do a lot of box office discussion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikee11 said:

Babadook is one of the highest rated horror films  of all time - garbo

you're right, greta garbo would be an interesting casting choice for the mother if it was made in the 1930s. i love these classical hollywood casting fantasies! 

Due to the excellent holds DP2 has had this weekend, both DOM and OS, 300M DOM and 400M OS is back into play.

And $2B WW for IW is now locked.

Edited by Fake
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Thats a very rare case. And 400m is not enough to make an impact. Its simply to small of a number when compared to movies that do 800+m. Also AQP was terrible with far to many plot holes. 

Grace makes money of what you do for free. She mocks you with her paycheck. 

I get paid to do this and make more than ol' Grace.  

I win.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Both IW and DP2 had great drops coming off of Memorial Day weekend... what's Solo's excuse?

DP2 had a big drop last weekend so it probably just stabilized now that Solo has been proven to be weak. IW is just having a great run overall. 

Solo’s drop is pretty typical for post MD weekend though 

11 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I get paid to do this and make more than ol' Grace.  

I win.  

It appears the Grace on BOT is just as much of a dumbfuck as the real thing.

Are we sure they're definitely different people?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, EmpireCity said:

Is this a serious question?

Solos drop was poor and you know it. 60% was likely given post Memorial Day, though the vast majority of other post MD weekends have had some form of new competition. So the opportunity for a better drop was certainly there. Instead it went in the opposite direction and dropped 65%+  and even worse than virtually any other MD opening comp except Alocalyspe. That movie got a 2.35x multi. So the question becomes if Solo held this poor with no competition, what will happen when it actually has some heavy hitters  soon?

Also Grace Randolph isnt worth mentioning at all. Theres a fine line between beeing wrong or naive and beeing stupid. She crosses the line with basically every word that comes out of her mouth. If one searches a good box office channel on YT, theres really only Dan Murrel's "Charting with Dan" on Screen Junkies.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Is this a serious question?

60% is expected. 65% is in line with the Pirates 5 drop last year (slightly worse actually), and that had to deal with Wonder Woman. It was a half-facetious acknowledgment of a bad hold.

Pirates 5 found some decent legs though, I don't see that happening for Solo with I2 and FK looming.

Edited by Mekanos

42 minutes ago, Fake said:

Due to the excellent holds DP2 has had this weekend, both DOM and OS, 300M DOM and 400M OS is back into play.

And $2B WW for IW is now locked.

It will get $2B WW or be just $3m-$4m shy of it by next week.

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1