Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

18.5M

50.5M

51.5M (slight increase)

44.5M (-13.6%)

165M OW is what I could see, unless it surprises and as it skews towards older people more it does something like this:

18.5M

50.5M

55M (+8.9%)

48M (-12.7%)

OW: 172M

If it gets a 3x that would mean a total between 495M and 516M

• Like 2

2010 TS3 3.76x (ow had 4.1 previews)

2016 FD 3.60x (ow had 9.2 previews)

2018 I2 ? (ow had 18.5 previews)

I don't think I2 will crack 3.5x. It will in small part behave like a CBM with strong legs nonetheless being a well received animation.

I1 "only" did 3.7x afterall (nov 2004, no previews). Nemo had done 4.8x+ the year before (summer 2003, no previews).

Thinking 162.5* 3.25 = 528.1

Edited by a2k

26 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

With the WOM and buzz this is getting...

I'd say 170 m OW and 650 m DOM is the floor.

Bookmark this comment if need be.

It could hit $650m, but saying that's the ABSOLUTE lowest is a bit much. 

• Like 3

So glad The Incredibles 2 is beating most predictions, because it's pretty fantastic, might even love it as just as much as the first film. It's more hilarious especially the Jack-Jack bits, I enjoyed how unpredictable his powers were, and the action might just be the best I've seen in any superhero film this year. Amazing, how much the animation has improved / evolved in the fourteen years since the first. 

Also my packed audience went crazy for it. There was even clapping at the end, which I haven't seen in animated films in years. Legs are gonna be great.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

So glad The Incredibles 2 is beating most predictions, because it's pretty fantastic, might even love it as just as much as the first film. It's hilarious, especially the Jack-Jack bits, I enjoyed how unpredictable his powers were ...

I'm glad the Incredibles 2 is beating predictions, but not for the same reason. I saw it yesterday and was underwhelmed, IMO it's the third mediocre sequel Pixar has made to a great original film (joining Monster's University and Finding Dory). IMO, it was "fine", OK, but lacked the soul and emotional depth of the original.

I'm glad that I2 is doing gonzo business because IMO the original, as popular as it was, deserved to do even better. It should have done the $440m that Shrek 2 did that year, it was a far better film. And IMO that is why I2 is doing so well - like Finding Nemo, the first film's reputation has only grown over the intervening years, creating an enormous groundswell of goodwill for I2 to ride. 

So if I2 does $400m, that will in my mind make up for the box office the 2004 film should have earned. 

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1