WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

Summer of 2018 will go down in infamy as the summer that brought down the evil empire. 

Somewhere on a beach Tele is drinking to this. 

Doesn’t Disney have the top three movies of the year?

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yep.

It's a 32% increase - it's more than fine.  People as usual get carried away and cause their own disappointment.

I’ve not been paying proper attention to this thread. All the hubbub made me think it flopped.

Edited by AJG

Quoting the great Agent Simmons, years from now they're going to ask us: where were you when Marvel and Star Wars imploded? We're gonna say: we stood by and watched.

• Haha 1

AMATW needs a 2.63 multiplier to reach $200M. Here are the multipliers for the other live action films this summer, excluding the pure comedies and The Incredibles.

Infinity War: 2.62

Breaking In: 2.62

Deadpool 2: 2.51

Solo: 2.50

Adrift: 2.66

Upgrade: 2.50

Ocean's 8: 3.05

Hereditary: 3.08

Hotel Artemis: 2.06

Superfly: 2.89

Fallen Kingdom: 2.25

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

so what you're saying is leaving the forum turned him into a casual?

annihilation and you were never really here is still his top 2 so not completely.  what upsets me though is he put YWNRH over Annihilation after saying he doubts anything will beat Annihilation smh (editor’s note still haven’t seen YWNRH)

Edited by That One Guy

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

annihilation and you were never really here is still his top 2 so not completely.  what upsets me though is he put YWNRH over Annihilation after saying he doubts anything will beat Annihilation smh (editor’s note still haven’t seen YWNRH)

🤔🤔🤔

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

At least he saw the light on Annihilation 👀

Somewhat disappointing that AMatW came in under $80M, though as others have said, I expect it, I2 and JWFK to go up a tick with actuals.

With AMatW, expecting a pretty killer multiplier with a softer OW than expected and summer days for the entirety of its run. Not to mention, WOM seems at least on par if not better than that of AM. I think it will come very close to a 3.0 multiplier. Something like $210M+ DOM total.

That hold for I2 is pretty insane. Legs very much kicking in and in a big way. $600M+ DOM total no longer out of the realm of possibility. JWFK should cruise to $425M+ DOM total with relative ease as well.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

AMATW needs a 2.63 multiplier to reach $200M. Here are the multipliers for the other live action films this summer, excluding the pure comedies and The Incredibles.

A July release would need to have flat-out bad WOM and/or be DH2-level frontloaded to miss that multi. In fact every single July opener that ever opened above 76m with the exception of DH2 has reached it. (HP5, HP6 and TF3, which had Wednesday openings, have close to 3x with their first two days' grosses taken out; I'm sure they would have hit 2.63x with a Friday release.) I wouldn't worry too much.

• Like 4