That One Girl

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT WEEKEND THREAD | 23 Friday...MM2 4.8...TT 4.25 EQ2 4.0

Mission Impossible movies are performing well, but they have to keep the budgets under control. 

I mean, you can't keep increasing the budget and then performing like previous movies ( with smaller budgets ). Oh, and Cruise will probably have less control around his "stunts". Producers won't be happy to keep delaying productions for months ( and inflating the budgets ) just because the star wants to show it's really him performing the moves. That'll definitely change, I think.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Equalizer got destroyed by MI. I don't understand what goes through studios minds when they make dumb scheduling decisions like this. If it had been an August movie it would made over 100m 

The Equalizer will be fine, given its budget.

At least it managed to avoid Mission Impossible overseas. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Mission Impossible movies are performing well, but they have to keep the budgets under control. 

I mean, you can't keep increasing the budget and then performing like previous movies ( with smaller budgets ).

Great advice... But have you checked the budgets for this series? :redcapes:

MI3 (2006): $150M

MI5 (2015): $150M

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 1

Mission: Impossible opened great. The franchise will never get much higher than this considering how long it's been going at it and how old it skews for the most part. Legs are gonna be great too.

Some rough drops across the board, although Incredibles and Jurassic World held great. And no, I'm not gonna blame the collapse of MoviePass. I think we're just seeing the end of summer coming up.

Blindspotting had a fine expansion though it'll likely stall at less than $5M. Eighth Grade is doing great, though: $12-13M is likely where it will land in the end depending on its expansion next weekend.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Ouch!! Poor Teen Titans!:whosad:

Superhero fatigue has officially kicked in. 

RIP to Venom and Aquaman. Should just follow in Fox's foot steps and not release them like they're doing with Dark Phoenix and New Mutants :ph34r:

• Haha 1

The insurance on Cruise will surely go up since they had to pay a $70m claim this time. Not sure how long they’ll be able to this up. If this was making F&F money then surely a $250m budget would be justified but nope 

12 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I mean, you can't keep increasing the budget and then performing like previous movies ( with smaller budgets ). Oh, and Cruise will probably have less control around his "stunts". Producers won't be happy to keep delaying productions for months ( and inflating the budgets ) just because the star wants to show it's really him performing the movies. That'll definitely change, I think.

180M isn’t bad

29 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm guessing it played to the show's niche fanbase and nobody else. Not unexpected.

I wouldn't be surprised if WB expected it be niche hence the low budget and low marketing spend. It's making a profit either way and it'll play on Cartoon Network endlessly. 

It does prove that for a film adapted from a TV series to be successful, you've got to make it special rather than just an extended episode. 

Mamma Mia! is doing well OS but it's clear the UK is doing most of the legwork

Edited by Jonwo

Predictions for next weekend:

Christopher Robin: 35M
Mission: Impossible - Fallout: 30.7M

The Spy Who Dumped Me: 15M

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again: 8.2M

The Equalizer 2: 7.7M

The Darkest Minds: 7M

Hotel Transylvania 3: 6.8M

Ant-Man and the Wasp: 5M

Incredibles 2: 4.8M

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies: 4.7M

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: 4.4M

Death of a Nation: 4.2M

Incredibles over Teen Titans is gonna happen, especially with Christopher Robin double features :hahaha: 

The Darkest Minds can open as low as 7th depending how hard HT3 falls.