sfran43

Weekend Thread: DHD Friday #'s (p.14) ~ The Megalogross 17M, Slenderman 4-5M, BlacKkKlansman 3.8-4M

7 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

For me The Meg comes off as a fun blockbuster summer flick,  a good time at the movies.   Christopher Robin came off like a pretentious piece of Disney trash.  So I'm happy it took a pooh. 

Which has nothing to do with what I posted or the bizarre persecution complex some people seem to have about behemoth WB as if it was Open Road.  Boo hoo- Deadline is being mean to WB.  They like Disney better (except when they're shitting on Solo, Alice 2, Tomorrowland, John Carter etc).

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I got an ad on YouTube for Slender Man earlier. I skipped to the video, but based on the five seconds I watched, is this supposed to be The Ring with Slender Man? lmfao

I just noticed that the lead actress is Joey King, who also headlined Wish Upon last year. Girl needs a new agent.

2 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

I wouldn't trust the amusingly precise number their "source" came up with for the net budget.

IF someone have any idea about a movie budget it would always be quite the precise number too no ? Round number are way too suspicious, too the dollar before all the tax credit are processed/sold also, but to the million estimate sound about right.

Who could possibly have a clue about a budget but not know precisely about it, that could pretty much only be competition that bidded on it and just knew the planned budget ?

https://deadline.com/2018/08/the-meg-chomps-a-huge-4m-on-thursday-night-box-office-1202443644/

‘The Meg’ Bigger Than Expected At $40M…But Is It Big Enough? – Midday Box Office

3rd Update expanded writethru, Friday evening: Refresh for updates Warner Bros.’ Chinese co-production The Meg keeps growing, moving from the $15M Friday and $36M we saw during the middle of the day to a first day of $17M and a three-day of $40.8M. The Meg gets a B+ tonight from CinemaScore audiences which is the same grade earned by Warner Bros./Legendary’s Kong: Skull Island, another title which also smashed its tracking (mid $40M) with a final $61M opening. Right now some are expecting the pic to perform like a front-loaded genre title, easing 20% tomorrow. We’ll see.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 12