sfran43

Weekend Thread: DHD Friday #'s (p.14) ~ The Megalogross 17M, Slenderman 4-5M, BlacKkKlansman 3.8-4M

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Nice start for Meg, though I disagree about 100 being any safe bet yet. We'll see how frontloaded it is. I don't suspect it would hit 100 even with a 40m OW. Either way, this is definitely the biggest shark movie since Deep Blue Sea. If they had gotten control of the budget to something fitting, WB could have had a huge success here. 

August legs. 

Suicide Squad dropped 67%+ it's second w/e and still pulled a 2.43 multi.  Even F4 almost it a 2.2x 

• Like 5

The sequel to The Meg would I presume be based on The Trench although I imagine they'd have to keep Meg in the title so probably Meg 2: The Trench or they could do a semi sequel based on Steve Alten's book The Loch.

Edited by Jonwo

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'm shocked Global Road couldn't get it 500-600 more theaters. This could seriously do sub 1.5M on OW :lol:

Literally the only marketing I've seen for it anywhere is on the TV screens at Sawgrass last weekend. How long until this "rebooted" Open Road studio closes their doors?

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Literally the only marketing I've seen for it anywhere is on the TV screens at Sawgrass last weekend. How long until this "rebooted" Open Road studio closes their doors?

I've only gotten the trailer at Ant-Man. It looks so lazy and might as well be a Netflix original lmao

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Dude, you're fucking adamant with Slender Man despite clear evidence that it's not going to do very well, are you its director or producer or something?

He just usually stans for every horror movie, even the no1curr junky ones.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Megnado :ohmygod:

(Y'know what, I'm kinda shocked Syfy hasn't thought of that yet.)

Ikr. Seems like the obvious step forward.

Anyway, if this film is a success, there will be TONS of new low-budget Megalodon films lol.

• Astonished 1

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Damn I only put like 25.5 or something for Survivor. Well fuck me

@YourMother the Edgelord @ZeeSoh @Empire @Rorschach @Slambros @WrathOfHan @baumer @captainwondyful @Claire of Themyscira @anybody else I might be missing from survivor how high did you guys go?

I only put 26.23M. :sparta:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Box Long Range posted for the weekend of Venom!

Venom: $40M opening/$85M total

A Star is Born: $30M opening/$117M total

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-star-born-venom/

Guess they're betting on Venom being a very bad movie like everyone else is.

I'd be surprised if Venom opened with less than 75mil. I agree about the legs though.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Box Long Range posted for the weekend of Venom!

Venom: $40M opening/$85M total

A Star is Born: $30M opening/$117M total

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-star-born-venom/

Guess they're betting on Venom being a very bad movie like everyone else is.

Lets see if this works....

@Shawn

why so low on Venom?

• Like 1