sfran43

Weekend Thread: DHD Friday #'s (p.14) ~ The Megalogross 17M, Slenderman 4-5M, BlacKkKlansman 3.8-4M

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Rooting for 4m Friday/11m+ weekend for Klansman. Focus would be wise to give it a few more hundred theaters next week, and with WOM and Labor Day approaching a $50m total is a possibility.

Yeah, the multiplier they're predicting looks low. I doubt this is in any way frontloaded.

15 minutes ago, Alli said:

ugh HUGE drop for MI F

Mission: Impossible – Fallout which is looking at a third weekend of $17M, -52% for a running total by Sunday of $159M.

love always wrong Deadline's first numbers. Also, love when people don't stop to believe in it :hahaha:

4 hours ago, sfran43 said:

Black Panther has officially ended its theatrical run!!

For this occasion, here's how it compares domestically in unadjusted first runs >$600M (I2 likely to cross eventually):

dYGROYE.png

Edited by MagnarTheGreat

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Strong numbers for all openers. As for MI, anything under 40% looked generous between the weekday holds and TC loss. I expect it to be sub-50% when newer numbers are in

yeah, it makes sense. altho it held pretty good thursday.

next week is gonna take another hit with Mile 22 as direct competition. :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alli said:

yeah, it makes sense. altho it held pretty good thursday.

next week is gonna take another hit with Mile 22 as direct competition. :(

The buzz around Mile 22 has been really quiet so it likely won't hurt too much.

• Like 1

I think realistically, MI will probably be around 19m coming off a 3.34 Thursday when it's all said and done. Mile 22 won't hurt it too much. After that, things look pretty dead for a good couple weeks.

Edited by MrPink

4 minutes ago, Xavier said:

I need MI6 to be in the twenties. That’s a harsh drop. Why?

IMAX and PLF Screen loss. Last year, during WW's run, the only harsh drop it had was when it lost IMAX and PLF to a weak TF5. IMAX contributes a lot to the blockbusters. 

Those numbers for BlacKkKlansman and for Mission Impossible: Fallout look way too low. It is best to wait for the actual Friday numbers because those multipliers are just too strange. The Meg is probably going to be way more front loaded, too, and if they are right about that $178,000,000 production cost, then whoever let it get that high is irresponsible. 

Edited by PenguinHyphy