movies!movies!

Cold Pursuit | Lionsgate | Feruary 8, 2019 | Liam Neeson, Laura Dern

Most posters appear to not be American, but his career in America is surely going to be affected even though it happened in Sweden or wherever he is from. The history of racial violence in America, which resembles exactly what he stated, is way too brutal and has way too many remnants today. It is not going to go over well here in the slightest. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

And liam neeson did not deny trying to kill a black man :lol:

my point is it doesn't take all that much for press & public to quickly turn on someone and never been forgiven.

We're not in Polanski era anymore.

Wait, did Liam actually TRY to kill a black man or did he think about killing someone? You can't be punished for "thinking" if you don't even try anything. 

Besides, several reports have been different. It seems Liam Neeson said he wanted a black guy to try to attack him, so he could use that attack as a reason to strike back. I read the whole thing.

I'm not defending or accusing anyone. 

Edited by Blaze Heatnix

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Wait, did Liam actually TRY to kill a black man or did he think about killing someone? You can't be punished for "thinking" if you don't even try anything. 

Besides, several reports have been different. It seems Liam Neeson said he wanted a black guy to try to attack him, so he could use that attack as a reason to strike back. I read the whole thing.

His exact words:

“I went up and down areas with a cosh, hoping I’d be approached by somebody – I’m ashamed to say that – and I did it for maybe a week, hoping some [Neeson gestures air quotes with his fingers] ‘black bastard’ would come out of a pub and have a go at me about something, you know? So that I could,” another pause, “kill him.”

A cosh is a large stick, like a night stick a police officer uses. 

5 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

He said he would go out each night with a club, trying to find a black man in the hope that he would get in a fight with and kill him.

You should listen to the interview itself I think its easier than reading the description of it.

I read the article again (CNN, so I'm pretty sure it's not trashy or biased on untrustworthy) and he did say he actually went walking in the area for a week hoping for an altercation so he could "kill him". So that's definitely more serious. Would he have actually followed through? Who knows. You hope that he wouldn't have. Sometimes we go halfway on a deed just to kind of vent the emotions. Maybe he would have, in which case he would have been justly punished for his crime. Either way, it's clear it was fueled by intense emotion and not racism. He didn't hate black people. He hated the person who raped his friend who happened to be black. That's what people are deliberately missing because they want to believe otherwise.

• Like 3

Liam Neeson’s friend: “I was raped.” 

Liam Neeson: “What color was he?!” 

Liam Neeson’s friend: “He was black.” 

Liam Neeson: decides to want to go hunt innocent black men and kill them because of what happened to his friend. 

Yea no racism to see here what’s so ever. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Liam Neeson: decides to want to go hunt innocent black men and kill them because of what happened to his friend. 

it's not as simple as that. And I think it was his girlfriend, or family member. Not a friend.

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Liam Neeson's career is not over here in America or anywhere else. 

I mean when was his last hit in America? Cold Pursuit was already not expected to perform well either. The writing appears to be on the walls, but he will probably be alright overseas, though.  

Edited by PenguinHyphy

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Anyone who claims that his thinking decades ago wasn't racist is being disingenuous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It was racist which is why Neeson brings up the attitudes of North Ireland as well. The thing is he's not trying to act like what he did was ok or right he says it was horrible multiple times.

Edited by Mulder
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, Mulder said:

It was racist which is why Neeson brings up the attitudes of North Ireland as well. The thing is he's not trying to act like what he did was ok or right he says it was horrible multiple times.

That’s what I’ve gotten from this too.

• Like 4