Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

17 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Even many 4/5 reviews say the pace is not good. Not a good sign for general audience's reactions.

Trust me. General audience don't care about pacing as along as the movie is very good. Audience will just be happy that MCU is back on track and taking it's self seriously again.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Nikostar said:

Trust me. General audience don't care about pacing as along as the movie is very good. Audience will just be happy that MCU is back on track and taking it's self seriously again.

If the movie delivers on those other beats yup. Which it seem to atleast based from the review. But if it doesn´t then the pacing can be the worst part of it. 

Going to be watching this in a few hours, have been trying to avoid reading reviews and watching TV spots. Going in with middle of the road expectations, not low considering I enjoyed Black Panther a fair amount (upper middle MCU ranking) but also not too high considering I know certain elements from the first film that I love like Killmonger won't be in the sequel. 

2 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I'm just surprised that Feige keeps allowing the CGi problem to continue, even after all of the criticism and even given how important this movie is to them. 

Seems like these days he’s more worried about getting the movies/tv out there then giving them a little more time to cook.

I honestly don’t know what’s going on over there, maybe it was Covid that had a big affect on productions?! Feige and co being spread too thin? It’s hard to say

14 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I'm just surprised that Feige keeps allowing the CGi problem to continue, even after all of the criticism and even given how important this movie is to them. 

The movie had a truncated post-production timeline. They just wanted it out there. Seems to be what they are going with these days. Personally, the CGI has never bothered me on the MCU movies or anything else.

Btw, gonna come right out and say that wherever this lands with critics, it will score higher than Avatar 2.

Edited by jedijake

23 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

He definitely don't care at this point. He only care if filmmakers could choose the best ideas from a series of alternatives and deliver surprising actions and cameos. He knows audience could make some compromises with these bad effects. I mean, would you care about CGI when you're watching Tiktok? You wouldn't. And you don't mind the CGI problem in Tiktok model movies. 

1 hour ago, Nikostar said:

Taking itself seriously again is all I ask. The only reason the MCU became the cinematic phenomenon that it is, is because the films were made in a way that 4 quad audiences could actually takes these characters and events seriously.

You don't set box office records galore if you make a bunch of Thor: L&T's.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Verrows said:

Disheartening, given SK has been such a huge market for the MCU in the past. I feel like we need an Avengers movie every several years to act as a shot in the arm for worldwide audiences. People really liked the focused nature of the MCU wherein everything they were watching was leading to a big Avengers event movie every 3 years or so.

Before anyone says I'm overreacting, I'm not. This is a thought I've had for awhile now and I'm just voicing it now.

They want to treat every movie as an event movie now. This concept dilute people's interest in Avengers movies & which dilute people's interest in connected storyline. In my opinion they should've had only focused on characters who are going to be big 4-5 in Avengers 5. There was no point of releasing 16 movies before Avengers 5.

1 hour ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

The crap digital cinematography is a much bigger problem than the CGI.

Perhaps...but no one seems to really care about that much, either... Do you see MCU fans protesting the films over that?  It hasn't hurt their grosses one iota...

Edited by Macleod

The reactions in S.Korea aren’t encouraging.

Imo Marvel can’t take another hit. Three big event films this year and they all have come under expectations.

If Quantumania flops, then I don’t know. The narrative around the MCU is starting to change.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Potiki said:

Going to be watching this in a few hours, have been trying to avoid reading reviews and watching TV spots. Going in with middle of the road expectations, not low considering I enjoyed Black Panther a fair amount (upper middle MCU ranking) but also not too high considering I know certain elements from the first film that I love like Killmonger won't be in the sequel. 

Was decent, not as good as the first and a bit overly long but had some great moments.

• Like 3