Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

8 hours ago, Cap said:

As I was telling @Porthos privately last night: I guess if you want to talk about it from a Marvel Cinematic Universe perspective, it’s just fucking devastating. I mean he was being set up as the leader for the next two or three phases. He was going to be the center of it. Now there’s a giant hole. There’s a giant hole where the real life vibrant person should be and there’s a giant hole where this character should be.

IDK, may be this can be incorporated in the universe giving it more realism to universe that life is unpredictable. 

I don't know about others, but if they go the way "King T'Challa passed away due to Cancer will be apt for me." Giving the respect to life as we all should.

If they want to go Shuri way, I have no problem. Could be great film wise, a younger one getting responsibility that big but considering Okoye is the one managing the Wakanda from 2018-2023, I think she will make a nice pick too. Have Shuri at what she do, a fun loving tech guy.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Also I assume, the What If episode, unless he dubbed for it already, should be cancelled. T'challa as Starlord one.

It wouldn't surprise me if the voices were already recorded for this. A lot of voice acting has a very long lead time these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

IDK, may be this can be incorporated in the universe giving it more realism to universe that life is unpredictable. 

I don't know about others, but if they go the way "King T'Challa passed away due to Cancer will be apt for me." Giving the respect to life as we all should.

If they want to go Shuri way, I have no problem. Could be great film wise, a younger one getting responsibility that big but considering Okoye is the one managing the Wakanda from 2018-2023, I think she will make a nice pick too. Have Shuri at what she do, a fun loving tech guy.

I think they should say he died of cancer on screen. It does give a sense of realism and shows that heroes can die from anything. I also think it honors the actor better this way.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Macleod said:

It's hard to believe that Coogler didn't know... but that's what he claims here.  Wow.  A great tribute. 

Chad deeply valued his privacy, and I wasn’t privy to the details of his illness. After his family released their statement, I realized that he was living with his illness the entire time I knew him.

I am not sure he meant that he didn't knew anything about it, just not the detail.

• Like 2

I only caught the last 30 of BP tonight but even that last bit was still entertaining. I would be satisfied with Shuri as BP now plus it would be in line with the direction Marvel has been taking other characters. Anyway, watching BP made me quite regretful I didn't see it the weekend it came out. I remember driving past one of the theatres and the parking lot was super packed. Just missed out on that opening weekend experience as the crowds were very engaged that weekend. 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 3:40 PM, CloneWars said:

This is tragic. Anyway, there is a 100% chance that Black Panther will not get recast. T'Challa is a very iconic role, especially for POC. Certain roles just can't be recast after an actor dies, at least not for many, many years.  I think Shuri takes on the mantle. It's the most logical step for the franchise. We have lost two big legends this year with Kobe and now Chadwick Boseman. And, to top off all the other shit of this year.

I agree to a point. THey could have a New Black Panther who is not T'CHalla, but that is risky. And I think the idea of a CGI Chadwick BP is grotesque beyond elief.

This is  the toughest problem Feige has yet faced . What was to be one of the tentpole frachisese in the post Infinity Wars MCU has suffered critical damage.

On 8/30/2020 at 12:07 AM, CloneWars said:

I think they should say he died of cancer on screen. It does give a sense of realism and shows that heroes can die from anything. I also think it honors the actor better this way.

I actually think that would be a grotesque thing to do. Chadwick literally hid his cancer from the world because he didn’t want that to be the story of his life. He didn’t want his illness to define who he was. What you wrote kind of defeat the purpose of what kind of man Chadwick was.

Edited by cmbbox2390
  • Like 2