Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Venom with -55.5% drop - 35.7m | A Star is Born -34.7% - 28m | First Man disappointing with 16.5m | Goosebumps 2 16.225m | Bad Times for Bad Times At The El Royale with 7.225m

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

American exceptionalism doesn't exist and never did. We are a deeply racist and sexiest Country that believes that ignorance is a virtue and unfettered capitalism is a good thing. We elect and defend an ignorant racist reality TV star sitting in the oval office. We succeed solely because we are the biggest bullies on the playground. Depriving yourself of a movie because of some fantasy about how amazing America is is hilarious. 

I'm sure the filmmakers and cast agree with you, and I'm sure this attitude helped turn away some potential moviegoers.

• Haha 1

All First Man had to do was show the planting of the flag 

180px-Bandera_Federaci%C3%B3n_Rusia,_201

And all the people bitching and complaining about how theres no flag would have went opening night. $50M+ OW confirmed but no. Liberal Hollywood had to take that moment away. So audiences took away the box office for First Man. How sad. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

First Man's evening IMAX show here sold 177 tickets, and its non-IMAX sold 125 tickets. Still trying to build up comps for this, but I'll do a little analysis later tonight based on the teeny tiny bit of data I have. 

• Like 1

Imagine believing that First Man is having a 17-20mil opening because of a made up Twitter controversy? Can't relate to being that gullible. Just as ridiculous as the people who believe that The Predator's "controversy" killed its box office.

Venom lost premium screens to First Man so it's hold will be aggravated a little.

17's a bad ow for First Man. Would need 3.3x multi to beat Gravity's ow.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, a2k said:

Venom lost premium screens to First Man so it's hold will be aggravated a little.

17's a bad ow for First Man. Would need 3.3x multi to beat Gravity's ow.

At Disney Springs, they bumped Venom off all the prime auditoriums, First Man has the Dolby and the 500+ seater, and as for the 300+ seaters, one is ASIB and the other is split between GB2 in the daytime and El Royale in the evening.

• Thanks 1

Victoria Update:

El Royale Total Friday = 78 tickets

First Man (regular) Total Friday = 205 tickets

First Man (IMAX) Total Friday = 288 tickets

Couple of ways at looking at this (not sure how I should go about it since this is my first weekend doing this for these theatres so I don't have any data to look back at except for last night). 

If you look at El Royale sales last night (46 tickets) vs today (78 tickets) and just directly compare that to Thursday/Friday numbers, that would give you barely 1M for true Friday. Not sure how that could happen, so it's obvious there's some bugs in this. Comparing First Man IMAX last night (68 tickets) to today (287 tickets) that would give you 4.65M true Friday (5.75M including previews). The regular shows would say even lower, since they had about the same admissions last night as IMAX but much lower Friday total. So yea, there's some bugs. 

If you want to look at it a different way (that is much less reliable but I'm writing this for a Forum post not a thesis paper so why not). Greater Victoria has a population of give or take 350,000 people. Let's say that is approx. 1/1000th of the total "domestic market" (350,000,000 give or take --> closer to 400,000,000 but I'm sick of math for the week so let's make this easy). 

- First Man (across both IMAX and regular Thursday and Friday) sold 627 tickets. Now, there's another theatre in town playing it but they are ALWAYS dead so I can't imagine they contributed much (probably around 75 tickets but I'm just going to say 23 just to be on the very safe side). That's 650 tickets. I assume many of them are seniors, but taking into account IMAX price, lets just round the "average" ticket price to 12 bucks (seniors vary from 9 to 13 bucks here depending on theatre/format) and adults range from 10 to 19 bucks. 

- So that would be $7,800 x 1000 = 7.8M Friday. Now that of course doesn't take into account that (maybe these types of movies just play well in this market). Again, I don't know the market, so this "analysis" is going to be a lot more guessing than when I have actual data. 

- Using the same method, that would mean (El Royale played at all 3 theatres, so let's assume 2 of them had roughly the same ticket sales and the other had 1/3 of that. That's 290 tickets. I'll give an average ticket price of $10 (less seniors/kids more adults, but no IMAX). That's $2,900 x 1000 = $2.9M

Don't discredit me yet after giving that drivel. I don't have any previous data here so I'm just playing with numbers. 

• Like 6