WrathOfHan

Thanksgiving Weekend Thread: ESTIMATES (Page 40) | Ralph 55.7M (84.5M Total) | Creed II 35.3M (55.8M Total) | The Grinch 30.2M | Grindelwald 29.7M | Robin Hood 9.1M (14.2M Total) | AMAZING BLACK FRIDAY SALE

Will have to see, Disney Renaissance is still to this day printing them a lot of money (the actual title and all the activity around them) but the "live action" remake making billions:

Live Action Tangled
Live Action Wreck It Ralph
Live Action Frozen
Live Action Big Hero 6
Live Action Zootopia
Live Action Moana

Gold mine I tell you.

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

China is weird market. They liked films like Venom, Transformers, Iron Man 3 and don't liked Homecoming and Black Panther which are actually best of MCU IMO.

The legs were good in overseas to IMO. The problem was competition it faced. War for Planet of Apes in sophomore session, Dunkirk in 3rd weekend.

In India, it had good trending in weekend and weekdays, but next weekend had release of Jagga Jasoos and WPOA, the film was hardly left with shows.

I can give you some hints as to why China didn’t like homecoming and black panther 

Edited by ban1o

45 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Ralph Breaks the Internet is surprisingly kind of great?  It’s got a lot of heart and it’s genuinely hilarious.  It’s also a lot more focused than the trailer led me to believe, and most of the product placement was integrated pretty naturally (except for the Disney scene which was as obnoxious as I anticipated, but it’s a relatively small portion of the movie)

Does Ralph break the Internet tho?

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

At 10PM EST

Ralph Breaks The Internet - $10,413,212 from 2412 Locs (Full day will be $17.5mn Approx)

Creed 2 $4,892,465 from 2340 Locs ( Full day $8.5mn)

Fantastic Beasts $4,706,580 from 2631 Locs (Full day $7.75mn Approx)

DrSeuss The Grinch $4,947,197 from 2540 Locs (Full day $7.25mn Approx)

Yikes at that Creed #. Hopefully it'll go back to 11M again.

8 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

At 10PM EST

Ralph Breaks The Internet - $10,413,212 from 2412 Locs (Full day will be $17.5mn Approx)

Creed 2 $4,892,465 from 2340 Locs ( Full day $8.5mn)

Fantastic Beasts $4,706,580 from 2631 Locs (Full day $7.75mn Approx)

DrSeuss The Grinch $4,947,197 from 2540 Locs (Full day $7.25mn Approx)

No way can that Creed figure include Tuesday's numbers :(

Like, barely 1M over most of the entire day? idk

Edited by DAJK

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Preview figures are rolled at end of day in comScore. This is pure Wednesday with some theatres reporting previews as well.

So you are saying Ralph Breaks The Internet gonna make 21 million today ?

Where is the source for these numbers ?

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Preview figures are rolled at end of day in comScore. This is pure Wednesday with some theatres reporting previews as well.

So what you're saying is that Creed II will make approx. 12.2M and Ralph 21.3M based on your data, right?

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

So what you're saying is that Creed II will make approx. 12.2M and Ralph 21.3M based on your data, right?

I would assume from his other post that Ralph is still on track for thr 17-18m already reported. Its the Creed # that is throwing me. Also the others are decent-good, especially with 4 new films in the marketplace. 

6 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

A critic's job is to improve and add to the conversation of cinema, call out and criticize art and the film industry for a multitude of reasons, as well as give a spotlight to the underappreciated artists and films out there. It not only benefits consumers in helping them earn a greater appreciation of the arts, but it also improves the conditions for those marginalized to either see themselves on the screen (why do you think "representation matters" has been an iconic quote lately?), or give more work for said groups.

May not seem beneficial to you, but it certainly does to many others.

Well-worded reply but I disagree.  What you're often reading is a pretentious, self-centered piece focused on that critic selling themself.  It colors your own response to the movie...confines your experience whether you think so or not.  I enjoy movies a lot more by ignoring reviews.

As authors (reviewers) focus more on their own brand rather than thinking about the experience more broadly they HOPEFULLY will naturally die out.

Edited by Rumpot