WrathOfHan

Thanksgiving Weekend Thread: ESTIMATES (Page 40) | Ralph 55.7M (84.5M Total) | Creed II 35.3M (55.8M Total) | The Grinch 30.2M | Grindelwald 29.7M | Robin Hood 9.1M (14.2M Total) | AMAZING BLACK FRIDAY SALE

21 minutes ago, filmlover said:

By the way, Ralph Breaks the Internet marks the 12th #1 Thanksgiving opening for Disney since 1982. They have an animated title set for the frame every year until 2022 so look for it to extend to 16.

Sonic the Hedgehog in its 3rd weekend > Frozen 2 in its 1st

41 minutes ago, filmlover said:

By the way, Ralph Breaks the Internet marks the 12th #1 Thanksgiving opening for Disney since 1982. They have an animated title set for the frame every year until 2022 so look for it to extend to 16.

Frozen 2 is opening wide the weekend before Thanksgiving next year, so it'll probably end up being 15 #1 Thanksgiving openings.

And if Ralph 2 manages the record for a Thanksgiving opening, then it'll hold on to that record for at least 2 more years.

Freaking none of the theatres in Victoria that are playing Creed or Robin Hood are doing reserved seating, and Green Book's reserved seating only stars on Friday. So until then I'm tracking Ralph and Front Runner.

Be aware these numbers are Canadian, where there is NO holiday today. Regular school/work day. 

Ralph: 160 tickets sold

- 72.1% Grinch including previews ($13.43M)

- 193% Instant Family (8.74M)

While the IF comp is a lot worse than Grinch, mind you Canada had no holiday, so this is pure weekday business for Ralph. I'd say its pretty damn strong whichever comp you want to use (and fucking incredible if you use the Grinch comp)

Front Runner: 27 tickets sold

- 27.3% Can You Ever Forgive Me --> which had a PTA of $959 that Friday ($262 PTA = 211k)

- 19.1% Mid 90s --> had a PTA of $1112 that Friday ($213 PTA = $172k)

- 32.9% Beautiful Boy --> had a PTA of $954 that Friday ($314 PTA = $253k)

• Like 3

Some RT aud scores,

WIR2 75% (started at 81%...thinking will end in mid 60s)

FB2 68% (started at 75% last week)

C2 93% (was 92% yesterday)

Grinch 61% (will go rotten soon)

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

That's an incredible opening for Ralph. I can't say if it was an innate franchise appeal or the marketability of that princess scene, but obviously the Disney brand is very strong right now. Bodes real well for Frozen 2 next year. 

Edited by tribefan695

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Projecting Ralph Breaks The Internet 5 days weekend on the basis of last four Disney toon Thanksgiving releases. I am taking $19.5mn Wednesday as suggested by 10 PM EST numbers.

Frozen The Good Dinosaur Moana Coco
Previews                          3.80                          3.80                          3.80                          3.80
Wednesday                        15.70                        15.70                        15.70                        15.70
Thursday                        12.07                        12.14                        12.07                        12.86
Friday                        29.34                        28.82                        26.48                        27.38
Saturday                        27.71                        27.19                        25.92                        26.50
Sunday                        16.62                        16.65                        16.41                        19.37

Total                      105.24                      104.30                      100.39                      105.62

Black Friday starts Thursday night so I'm going to take the largest Thursday number / lightest drop.  

Frontloaded.....  26 Fri + 25 Sat + 15 Sun = 66 + 19.5 + 12.5 = 98 5-day

5 hours ago, PNF2187 said:

Frozen 2 is opening wide the weekend before Thanksgiving next year, so it'll probably end up being 15 #1 Thanksgiving openings.

And if Ralph 2 manages the record for a Thanksgiving opening, then it'll hold on to that record for at least 2 more years.

I forgot Frozen 2 is now opening the weekend before Thanksgiving lol. I guess they want the 3-day animated record or something.

Next November is looking kinda blah on paper for the most part outside of Frozen 2 so the path seems pretty clear for it. Probably gonna be like the Force Awakens of animated movies where everybody just wants to stay out of its way.

With the market now in hot streak, with 50m opener for 4 consecutive weeks, I still remember this took place about a year ago....

‘Justice League’ Hits Tracking With Super $110M-$120M Opening

anthony-dalessandro.png?w=56&h=76&crop=1
by Anthony D'Alessandro

Justice League

Warner Bros./DC’s Justice League came on tracking this morning and as you can imagine it will be able to leap over box office records in a single bound. Early tracking shows the DC superhero ensemble opening around $110M-$120M in U.S./Canada. Fandango reported that tickets went on sale last night. These are industry estimates for Justice League. They do not come from Warner Bros.

Justice League has a 56% definite choice, 15% first choice and 26% unaided overall, which are very strong numbers. Justice League is tracking ahead of Wonder Woman (which opened at $103.2M) and it has more superheros in the movie. Here’s the thing: Disney/Marvel’s Thor: Ragnarok is currently eating up some of Justice League‘s projection mojo. But once Thor: Ragnarok opens, Justice League‘s projection could shoot up. The revised estimated for Thor: Ragnarok is in the $125M vicinity this morning on industry tracking. As we always footnote, such projections this far out can go up or down.

• Haha 2