WrathOfHan

Thanksgiving Weekend Thread: ESTIMATES (Page 40) | Ralph 55.7M (84.5M Total) | Creed II 35.3M (55.8M Total) | The Grinch 30.2M | Grindelwald 29.7M | Robin Hood 9.1M (14.2M Total) | AMAZING BLACK FRIDAY SALE

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Weds. midday update: Ralph Breaks the Internet in early Wednesday figures is eyeing an estimated $18M today, including last night’s $3.8M. That’s higher than the Wednesday Thanksgiving eve debuts of Moana ($15.5M) and Coco ($13.1M). Those films respectively soared to $82M and $72.9M over the Thanksgiving five-day and the thinking is that the Wreck-It Ralph sequel is poised to clock $94M.

MGM/New Line’s Creed II is spotting $11M today, including last night’s $3.7M, for a five day of $59M.

Lionsgate’s Robin Hood is projected to file between $3M and $3.5M today including previews, on track for a $16M-$18M opening from Wednesday to Sunday.

MORE….

https://deadline.com/2018/11/ralph-breaks-the-internet-creed-ii-thanksgiving-box-office-1202505947/

Wonder if WIR2 FSS makes it past 60+. Then we have 3 consequtive 60+ openers in Grinch, FB2 and WIR2.

9 minutes ago, a2k said:

Venom2 and Spider-verse2 :)

Guessing Venom sticks to Oct and Spider-verse shuffles between Holidays to Summer like studios did with Potter, Twilight, Incredibles, Nemo-Dory, Toy Story, etc.

When is the Morbius release date? Or is that not confirmed? 

IMO though make a good Venom 2 instead of a slew of mediocre spin-offs 

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

"Weds. midday update: Ralph Breaks the Internet in early Wednesday figures is eyeing an estimated $18M today, including last night’s $3.8M. That’s higher than the Wednesday Thanksgiving eve debuts of Moana ($15.5M) and Coco ($13.1M). Those films respectively soared to $82M and $72.9M over the Thanksgiving five-day and the thinking is that the Wreck-It Ralph sequel is poised to clock $94M.

MGM/New Line’s Creed II is spotting $11M today, including last night’s $3.7M, for a five day of $59M.

Lionsgate’s Robin Hood is projected to file between $3M and $3.5M today including previews, on track for a $16M-$18M opening from Wednesday to Sunday.

MORE…."

https://deadline.com/2018/11/ralph-breaks-the-internet-creed-ii-thanksgiving-box-office-1202505947/

PS - Feeling good about my $90M+ call early on this thread:)...

Amazing for Ralph. Hope Creed goes up to 12 because that would be sorta frontloaded given Tuesday's number but still amazing. 

Robin Hood's doing as well as it can I guess. If it can get to 3.5 for today, I'd say 17 for 5-day should be in store. 

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

once again critics are wrong. RH audience score is way better than RT score. 

*clears throat*

A CRITIC'S JOB IS NOT TO AFFECT OR REFLECT THE BOX OFFICE OR WHETHER AUDIENCES WILL LIKE A MOVIE OR NOT

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

@Shawn I don't know if somebody did something, but I haven't been able to access text-box to post anything all day (even a support ticket) but now it's fixed! If you had something to do with this, thank you so much :) 

I blame chrome's update entirely for this problem

Edited by feasby007

I think Valonquar was joking, 55% score when you were seen by only your most enthusiast audience on a website filled with the movie perfect audience is quite bad.

Has for Robin Hood box office even the best leggy movies can have -46% type of drop the weekend after thanksgiving (say a Coco or Wonder), that could easily drop 55-60% next weekend even from that ultra low start...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

I think Valonquar was joking, 55% score when you were seen by only your most enthusiast audience on a website filled with the movie perfect audience is quite bad.

Has for Robin Hood box office even the best leggy movies can have -46% type of drop the weekend after thanksgiving (say a Coco or Wonder), that could easily drop 55-60% next weekend even from that ultra low start...

He's been on moronic anti-critic tirades before, so I doubt it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I was. The movie has, like, 17% critical approval so 56% Audience approval looks really good in comparison. ;)

9 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

*clears throat*

A CRITIC'S JOB IS NOT TO AFFECT OR REFLECT THE BOX OFFICE OR WHETHER AUDIENCES WILL LIKE A MOVIE OR NOT

Can't have it both ways.  If their job is not to help audiences determine if they will like a movie then their job has no mass appeal and is near pointless

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Can't have it both ways.  If their job is not to help audiences determine if they will like a movie then their job has no mass appeal and is near pointless

A critic's job is to improve and add to the conversation of cinema, call out and criticize art and the film industry for a multitude of reasons, as well as give a spotlight to the underappreciated artists and films out there. It not only benefits consumers in helping them earn a greater appreciation of the arts, but it also improves the conditions for those marginalized to either see themselves on the screen (why do you think "representation matters" has been an iconic quote lately?), or give more work for said groups.

May not seem beneficial to you, but it certainly does to many others.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

A critic's job is to improve and add to the conversation of cinema, call out and criticize art and the film industry for a multitude of reasons, as well as give a spotlight to the underappreciated artists and films out there. It not only benefits consumers in helping them earn a greater appreciation of the arts, but it also improves the conditions for those marginalized to either see themselves on the screen (why do you think "representation matters" has been an iconic quote lately?), or give more work for said groups.

May not seem beneficial to you, but it certainly does to many others.

The issue nowadays is that no one is reading critical reviews anymore. It's the RT number, not the average rating either just the number on the page which everything is being boiled down to. RT has accelerated the end of criticism as a serious field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PANDA said:

In case anybody wants to know the plot to “The Trump Prophecy”, The Liberty University movie released in October, here it is.

The film is about Mark Taylor, a retired firefighter who hears the voice of God speak to him in 2011 telling him, “Trump will be the next president.”  The man starts a massive prayer circle to help elect Trump, and God makes the 2016 election happen.  

Taylor then claims that Trump will win re-election, the midterms will result in a “red tsunami” strengthening GOP control of both houses, Roe v Wade will be overturned, Trump will expose a massive satanic pedophilia ring run by thousands of government officials, Trump will arrest Obama for treason, and he will force pharmaceutical companies to give up the cure for cancer and Alzheimer’s.

It’s a wild movie.

2n59t5.gif

Dear Christ, I dunno what's worse: that this movie exists at all, that someone actually paid a budget for it to exist, or that someone actively wanted to see it in theaters.