Eric Prime

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

36 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Sony really said ah fuck it we're Spidey Pictures now.

Spidey must be tired of carrying Sony on his back.

I bet if Marvel execs could go bsck the contract would've been different. Sony would have to give back Spider-man after 20 years. Instead they'll have Spider-man forever.

Dumb.

1 hour ago, Mulder said:

Have a feeling this might end up being the June leader and really hurt everything else coming out after it. Specifically Rise of The Beasts and Flash. Big OW+Good WOM=Monster.

would also hurt Elemental a lot if it's affecting Flash as well.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cannastop said:

If SV2 is a massive breakout, it will definitely be pulling audiences from Elemental and Flash since SV2 will be both SH and animated competation.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Batman 2 definitely not

Avatar 2 pretty much confirmed that the Avatar series is not a mega fan driven one 

Yeah I really don’t see any 200M on the horizon until like… kang ☠️  

Maaaaybe Wolverpool?

• Like 1

Considering we pretty much already know Indy and Elemental are not going to be huge WOM hits, TLM didn’t have a great IM over the weekend, and the odds of Transformers actually being well liked are tiny… this could totally dominate June with it sounding like it’s on par with how incredible the first was.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

SV2 will be huge. I can't wait to see it myself tomorrow night. But, eh, I think sadly Elemental just wasn't going to big and then reviews are middling which isn't great. Flash is about get very good buzz from critics and already has nice buzz from fans, etc. that have watched. It's live action too. There are still people that would never see SV2 because it's animated but will absolutely see Flash. It's also 2 weeks after and it'll have pretty much all the PLFs to itself. I think Flash will be fine. With summer days just about here, SV2 will have satisfied a fair deal of demand from 6/1 through 6/15. I think Flash won't suffer at all. It'll either sink of swim on its own merit. If as good as we're hearing, it could even do really well with legs as it has less immediate competition than SV2.

Now, Transformers? Already tracking poorly... One week after SV2 takes over the world? Yeah. I don't care if it has the PLFs in that case. That's gonna hurt. 

• Like 1

One of the best cbm movies ever. One of the greatest Spider-Man movies ever. Masterpiece. Art. One of, if not the greatest animated movie of all time. Artistry beyond imagination. One for the ages. WOW. Better than the first one, easily-

• Like 3

Deadpool 3 could be the next 200M opener, the hype for that will be on a different level. But I think 200M+ days are over at lest for 5-10 years. MCU is coming down from the high and Avatar movies is all about legs. Mario 2 seems plausible

• Like 2