sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Previews - Spider-Verse $3.5M | Mortal Engines $675K

11 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

So are all the trades and box office sites really going to try to spin that 35.4 as some huge achievement? I mean, the movie is supposedly great and will hopefully have good legs, but man ... 'heroic 35 million'. LOL

Yup the trades and media are definitely backing this one and in way I think it’s a turnoff to some. I

• Like 2

Boy Erased is such a flop. people really don't care to get outta house to see kidman and hedges. they are safe on tv.

i can't believe how low Sacred deer did. i enjoyed it very much. Yorgos' new movie is gonna do so much better

3 minutes ago, Manny G said:

Yup the trades and media are definitely backing this one and in way I think it’s a turnoff to some. I

Agreed. No interest anymore. Completely turned off. Media needs to be held accountable for these actions.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

Well take out the Incredibles animated superhero fare barely registers at the box office 

and that's too bad, because honestly I'd love to see more DC films get animated treatment (done with MUCH bigger budget than they give their animated direct to video films) ...  although they've kind of fallen off a cliff in recent years from their peak work.

18 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

So are all the trades and box office sites really going to try to spin that 35.4 as some huge achievement? I mean, the movie is supposedly great and will hopefully have good legs, but man ... 'heroic 35 million'. LOL

Yeh they’re all going with a very positive spin, concentrating on the potential legs.

It should get a 5.5x at least, going by this release date in history. Although it’s been pretty frontloaded already so we’ll see. 

The opening isn’t great for an animated film. If it was any other time of year it would be just ok/pretty bad. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Does anybody know how previews from last week for Into the Spider-Verse got counted?

From Deadline

Friday’s number for Spider-Verse includes last weekend’s money from paid sneaks.

They don't specify how much came from the preview sneaks though.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

and that's too bad, because honestly I'd love to see more DC films get animated treatment (done with MUCH bigger budget than they give their animated direct to video films) ...  although they've kind of fallen off a cliff in recent years from their peak work.

Yeah I agree they’ve fallen off.  Last great one was Under the Red Hood for me.   Though I recently watched Gotham by Gaslight, it was one of the better ones

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

From Deadline

They don't specify how much came from the preview sneaks though.

Well that probably helps explain a bit of the small Saturday jump. Hopefully it legs it out to 150m.

• Thanks 1