Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

Can't stop watching this trailer, the music sticks on my head, love the form, style, approach...EVERYTHING!  And I haven't even seen it on the big screen, yet!  I'm going to look into Cryogenic Sleep options to see if I can just skip the next year and go under until July 2023!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, karlleng said:

Swords fight seems cringe, rest of the trailer is ok

I'm sure you can tell from a literal 1-2 seconds/shots of footage.  

Fun fact: Lionsgate was actually pursuing Tom Cruise for a role in the long, long gestating Highlander reboot some years back.  😁

17 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

I'm going to guess that the opening weekend for this is in the $100m+ range.  

Not quite sure Mission Impossible has the brand power to pull it off. I'm betting on that being Part 2's opening provided this one is a hit. Assuming they don't just rebrand both of these movies to avoid another Mockingjay.

I recently watched all the movies in this series for the first time and most of them were amazing. I am not a big action movies fan but somehow loved this series. It is also so rare to see quality of movies get better as the franchise progresses and this is one such rare franchise. I am so going to watch the Dead Reckoning Part1 on opening weekend.

• Like 1

One of the best polish actor working today, Marcin Dorociński, is in Mission: Impossible 8 !! :D I'm so excited.

Anyway, Top Gun: Maverick is clearly going to be as big hit as the first one in 1986. Is it possible for M:I:7 to be as big as the first Mission and M:I-2? The last one (Fallout) got great reviews and audience score, it was bigger succes than previous film, and now, after many delays due to covid + Tom Cruise yelling on people on set, I think another Mission has potential to be this franchise's Skyfall.

Mission: Impossible - $180.98m (ATP - $4.42 in 1996) = $391.9m (ATP - $9.57 in 2021)

Mission: Impossible 2 - $215.4m (ATP - $5.39 in 2000) = $382.3m (--------||--------)

Ghost Protocol - $209.4m (ATP - $7.93/7.96 in 2011/2022) = around $252m in 2021

I believe +$300 million domestic for Dead Reckoning Part 1 is mission not so impossible. Average domestic gross for this franchise with 2021 ticket prices would have been around $279 million. In 2023 is should be close to $290m I guess.

Edited by Juby
  • Like 2

On 6/1/2022 at 9:35 PM, Maggie said:

They should move this to September this year

Paramount will have the best year in their history (Scream, The Lost City, Maverick), they don't need another big hit in 2022 and they don't have anything huge for 2023. Decision to move M:I-7 to 2023 was natural, I think they could have pick earlier date, maybe Memmorial Day Weekend (like this year Top Gun), but F&F X is there, so they were forced to move it further (July) to be not so close to other spy action franchise.

• Like 1