Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

I heard some rumblings about this being a very slightly unfinished trailer, in the sense that the sound mixing wasn't finished and will be different from what we see online a week from now

Any truth to that?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

I heard some rumblings about this being a very slightly unfinished trailer, in the sense that the sound mixing wasn't finished and will be different from what we see online a week from now

Any truth to that?

Doubt it.  People guesstimating.  This is a stylish teaser trailer that is meant to showcase striking images from the film and "announce" for the general audience that the movie is coming.  They have more than a year to elaborate on the promos.  

(BUT I CAN'T BELIEVE WE HAVE TO WAIT A YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

4 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Any truth to that?

Doesn´t look unfinished. 

It´s just cut in a unusual way [for these days]. Lot of music, very little dialogue, no plot, a bunch of random scenes, kinda like Avatar 2 teaser

Personally i think this is the best way to promote a movie, you show a lot, but with nearly 0 context.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Any truth to that?

What I saw was definitely a finished trailer. I saw some people online saying that the music was unfinished, but it didn’t sound that way to me, far from it, it suited the trailer perfectly. I think those  “unfinished” rumblings were just spread by armchair critics who don’t know what they’re talking about.

• Like 2

It’s exactly the same as the one that leaked by the way, so that puts to bed the “it’s unfinished/temp music” claims. I don’t know how some people could’ve thought that music was temp music in the first place though to be honest, it fits it perfectly (the smoke bombs are synced to it), and it’s great music too.

• Thanks 1

I mean they're preaching to the converted with me. The choice of no sound effects other than the music is interesting. I think I prefer the Fallout teaser to this one but nevertheless still a very good teaser. Can't wait to see what dialogue McQuarrie has in store for Kittridge