grim22

Ghostbusters: Afterlife | November 19 2021 | Sony | Delayed again

They could be a little too late too moneytize that Strangers things money like Warner Brother It achieved to do so well, but it could still well and a style that can be good for the budget, not just because the cast is free.

26 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

I suppose Leslie Jones acting like a baby for the reboot and the feminist's reception to the Russo bros Ghostbusters with Tatum and Pratt were not toxic, eh?

Considering it's the first I heard of the feminist reception of the Tatum-Pratt version I would imagine that they were many magnitude less toxic in the life of everyone involved yes. same goes for a single tweet from a single person.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Considering it's the first I heard of the feminist reception of the Tatum-Pratt version I would imagine that they were many magnitude less toxic in the life of everyone involved yes. same goes for a single tweet from a single person.

Maybe it didn't accumulate to a shitstorm because the media did not push too many narratives there? In any case, criticism is not sexism.

5 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Maybe it didn't accumulate to a shitstorm because the media did not push too many narratives there? In any case, criticism is not sexism.

That nature of the criticism and the volume of it can display it too.

Say 12 movies do not look good that year and one get particularly more criticism than the average bad looking one it can start to look strange and the language used about one can sound different than the one used for different bad movies.

I am not sure how one did read any comments section of that movie and achieve to not feel some.

I think that a bit of strawmen by moments, yes some use thiis is minority projects has a shield against valid criticism obviously, that not what people are talking about. 

57 minutes ago, filmlover said:

LOL one of the IT or Stranger Things kids things being in this felt like the most obvious move ever so of course they picked the one who has been in both.

As seen above he was a Ghostbuster for Halloween in Stranger Things LOL

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

no need to pander Jason, everyone knows GB2016 has Terminator Genisys beat as the decade's worst big studio release

You haven't seen many movies then if those are the two worst movies you've seen this decade.

Edited by filmlover

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

You haven't seen many movies then if those are the two worst movies you've seen this decade.

emphasis on big studio release...which honestly I'm having trouble coming up with worse than GB'16. 

Well, that Wolfhard kid is apparently 16 years old, so I’m assuming that should more or less confirm that the new Ghostbusters won’t be a bunch of 12 year olds. I still don’t really understand why they have to be kids, though. Even Extreme Ghostbusters went with college students. 

7 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

emphasis on big studio release...which honestly I'm having trouble coming up with worse than GB'16. 

lol The Predator came out less than six months ago and is a prime example of what a trash blockbuster really looks like (although I guess to be fair wasn't really a movie but the remains of a movie that was obviously sliced and diced to death by the studio in post).

Also: The Mummy '17 (although you could probably also argue that wasn't really a movie but a promo for a bunch of movies that got cancelled after it flopped).

Edited by filmlover

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Well, that Wolfhard kid is apparently 16 years old, so I’m assuming that should more or less confirm that the new Ghostbusters won’t be a bunch of 12 year olds. I still don’t really understand why they have to be kids, though. Even Extreme Ghostbusters went with college students. 

It

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $327,481,748    46.8%
Foreign:  $372,900,000    53.2%

Worldwide:  $700,381,748  
  • Like 2

Just now, 2kt09 said:

The poster really do not watch any movie anymore he said (like the last time he went in theater was for Bladerunner or something), because there is an long list (that I understand he would have not seen)

Transformer 5, Suicide Squad being very obvious one.

Other considerations (not looking what pass for a studio and if they count, excluding the Promise but not really looking much)

The Nutcracker in 3d

Mars Needs moms

Monster Trucks

RIPD

Ben-Hur

Transcendence

Point Break

King Arthur

3 Musketeers

Pan

The Wolfman

Nutcracker and the four realms

The A-team

Jupiter Asceding

Jack the giant slayer

Total Recall remake

Sorcerer Apprentice

Percy Jacksons franchise

Green Hornet/Green Lantern

Gulliver travels

Assassin Creed

Pixels

Robocop

Turtles 2

After Earth

Chip

Knight and day

The Tourist

D-Day sequels

Snow white sequels

The Mummy

God of Egypt

etc......

Talking about the worst in something is really hard, because usually we would have look at a very small amount of the contender to have any relevant opinion about it, but I feel that Ghostbuster was not worst than most of that list above, at least better than all of those I have seen among them, was still Paul Feig movie somewhat competently made and far from Suicide Squad level of non sense/editing/etc...

47 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol The Predator came out less than six months ago and is a prime example of what a trash blockbuster really looks like (although I guess to be fair wasn't really a movie but the remains of a movie that was obviously sliced and diced to death by the studio in post).

Also: The Mummy '17 (although you could probably also argue that wasn't really a movie but a promo for a bunch of movies that got cancelled after it flopped).

Haven't got around to The Predator. After KKBB, I noticed Black's style and became increasingly apathetic.

I enjoyed Mummy '17 more. Tom Cruise as Nathan Drake vs zombies.

40 minutes ago, Barnack said:

The poster really do not watch any movie anymore he said (like the last time he went in theater was for Bladerunner or something), because there is an long list (that I understand he would have not seen)

Other considerations (not looking what pass for a studio and if they count, excluding the Promise but not really looking much)

The Nutcracker in 3d

Mars Needs moms

Monster Trucks

RIPD

Ben-Hur

Transcendence

Point Break

King Arthur

3 Musketeers

Pan

The Wolfman

The A-team

Jupiter Asceding

Jack the giant slayer

Total Recall remake

Sorcerer Apprentice

Percy Jacksons franchise

Gulliver travels

Assassin Creed

Pixels

Robocop

Turtles 2

After Earth

Chip

Knight and day

The Tourist

D-Day sequels

Snow white sequels

The Mummy

God of Egypt

etc......

Talking about the worst in something is really hard, because usually we would have look at a very small amount of the contender to have any relevant opinion about it, but I feel that Ghostbuster was not worst than most of that list above, at least better than all of those I have seen among them, was still Paul Feig movie somewhat competently made and far from Suicide Squad level of non sense/editing/etc...

Even with movies like The Last Knight & Suicide Squad, I got what I paid for to wet my visual appetite.

Of that list of movies, half of which I have seen I would again say I enjoyed more than Ghostbusters.

Paul Feig fumbled so hard when his prior movies would unequivocally be ranked as some of the best recent comedies.

The only time I could claim Feig actually enjoyed making GB'16 is anything involving Hemsworth.

Edited by 2kt09

56 minutes ago, Barnack said:

The Nutcracker in 3d

Mars Needs moms

Monster Trucks

RIPD

Ben-Hur

Transcendence

Point Break

King Arthur

3 Musketeers

Pan

The Wolfman

The A-team

Jupiter Asceding

Jack the giant slayer

Total Recall remake

Sorcerer Apprentice

Percy Jacksons franchise

Gulliver travels

Assassin Creed

Pixels

Robocop

Turtles 2

After Earth

Chip

Knight and day

The Tourist

D-Day sequels

Snow white sequels

The Mummy

God of Egypt

etc......

Damn, F4 (2015) is so misbegotten it can't even crack a decades worst movie list and you didn't even name the ones that made money (except SS & T5). :sadno:

Edited by TalismanRing