John Marston

MLK Weekend Thread: Glass - 40m 3 day, 47m 4 day| Aquaman passes 300m| Dragonball - 21m 5 day

1 hour ago, Mulder said:

Glass only cost about 20 million, some of which M. Night personally financed himself. It's already doubled it's budget on OW if this early number pans out, I'd call that a success even if it's legs are absolute garbage.

Disney, Universal and M.Night will likely make a profit from Glass although I suspect M.Night, McAvoy, Jackson and Willis have backend deals

57 minutes ago, a2k said:

4-day weekend super duper early projection based on super early Friday,

Movie   Deadline Variety

Glass      50-52      47

Upside    13-14      16

AQM       10-11      13

Useless numbers...

Edited by efialtes76

Wan is the reason that Aquaman is making a billion. Not the only reason because 100's of people are involved but more of a reason than Snyder. Snyder fanboys keep giving him credit for other director's successes. If he's so great then why couldn't he get BvS and MOS over the billion dollar mark? Anyway, it's funny that the Asian man who has directed a 1.5 billion dollar movie before and the Woman are the ones they keep trying to take credit from. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Wan is the reason that Aquaman is making a billion. Not the only reason because 100's of people are involved but more of a reason that Snyder. Snyder fanboys keep giving him credit for other director's successes. If he's so great then why couldn't he get BvS and MOS over the billion dollar mark? Anyway, it's funny that the Asian man who has directed a 1.5 billion dollar movie before and the Woman are the ones they keep trying to take credit from. 

Aquaman is (imo) so successfull partly because it doesnt remind people of Man of Steel, BvS or Justice League.

Its successfull because the film actually gives people a fun time at the theaters unlike the aforementioned movies.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Wan is the reason that Aquaman is making a billion. Not the only reason because 100's of people are involved but more of a reason that Snyder. Snyder fanboys keep giving him credit for other director's successes. If he's so great then why couldn't he get BvS and MOS over the billion dollar mark? Anyway, it's funny that the Asian man who has directed a 1.5 billion dollar movie before and the Woman are the ones they keep trying to take credit from. 

Who said Wan wasn't the primary reason? Of course he is. The reports are only saying that he worked with Snyder on some things, got his opinion and that wan didnt like what Whedon did with JL.

Also, BvS had studio meddling so.. not the same thing, that's not an apples to apples comparison. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mulder said:

Glass only cost about 20 million, some of which M. Night personally financed himself. It's already doubled it's budget on OW if this early number pans out, I'd call that a success even if it's legs are absolute garbage.

Apparently he provided all the funding himself and took out a loan against his estate to do so.

I was supposed to see Glass but I guess my brother was busy. It's fine. The reviews kinda put me off anyway. Not because I always listen to critics because I don't but because I don't trust M Night enough to ignore the reviews. I might see the film and completely disagree with the critics but M NIght does not deserve my faith. Split wasn't THAT good.

19 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

ahem... this movie wont have worked to this degree without Momoa' Arthur 

I don't disagree with you. His charisma definitely helps the movie a lot and Snyder cast him. I don't deny that Snyder is apart of the success but Snyder's problem was never casting. The casting in his movies is good and interesting 95% of the time. It's the film surrounding the casting that causes the 65-70% drops. No matter what one thinks of the film Wan is a good popcorn director. Momoa was not going to be allowed to drearily mope in his movie the way Cavill is forced to. Wan was not going to have people walk out of his movie in a depressed state.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

Reports are Wan got in touch with Snyder and showed him early screenings and storyboards of Aquaman. Wan wanted Snyder's input and to do away with changes Whedon made to the character during JL.

Thank you Snyder.

I don't buy this story.It's from same group of people shouting for Zack synder cut.they always say bvs underperform and JL flop is others fault.While wonder woman and Aquaman succeed,they urgely say It's benefit from Zack synder.Those synder fanboys are annoying.No matter this article is true or not,Aquaman is James Wan film.Wan is in charge.It's embarrassing to mention whedon and synder here.I don't believe much that whedon is still involved in Aquaman film.He was out of DC after JL flop either.DC should move on.I don't want those whedon/Synder discussion anymore.Enjoy the ride of Aquaman and wait for shazam!

Edited by SliverS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

30 minutes ago, SliverS said:

I don't buy this story.It's from same group of people shouting for Zack synder cut.they always say bvs underperform and JL flop is others fault.While wonder woman and Aquaman succeed,they urgely say It's benefit from Zack synder.Those synder fanboys are annoying.No matter this article is true or not,Aquaman is James Wan film.Wan is in charge.It's embarrassing to mention whedon and synder here.I don't believe much that whedon is still involved in Aquaman film.He was out of DC after JL flop either.DC should move on.I don't want those whedon/Synder discussion anymore.Enjoy the ride of Aquaman and wait for shazam!

I'm ready to move on as well. I'm excited for DC's future for the first time in years. I love that Aquaman was a raving success that crushed the competition despite smug media types predicting it to flop. It feels me with glee. I just hate when Snyder types use unsubstantiated reports to try to steal glory from non white male directors. Post Justice League Aquaman wouldn't be passing 300mil this weekend if Snyder had directed it. 

• Thanks 1